Seizure

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Seizure

Postby rion0406 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 am

Last night about 1am, my dog fell off the bed. This has happened before, and I thought nothing of it. However, this time he had a fairly violent seizure on the ground right after the fall. He is fine now, but it was pretty scary. This is the first seizure he has ever had. I dont think he hit his head, but can a seizure be a result of head trauma? Can it be a result of him getting really scared when he fell off the bed? Im just trying to find out what caused it. I don't think it was anything to do with diet or heat, yesterday was cooler than it had been and I rarely feed him anything other than dog food. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Rion
rion0406
Newborn Bully

Re: Seizure

Postby IloveBlu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Is this the first time he's ever had what you are describing to be a seizure?

I would absolutely 100% take him for a check-up.
IloveBlu
Matured Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:01 pm

I'd have an emergency vet check him out. My friends lost their French bulldog to a head injury from a fall off the bed (not uncommon in Frenchies, because they are so topheavy). He seemed fine that night, and died the next day from sweeling resulting from the head injury.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Peneloki » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Leslie H wrote:I'd have an emergency vet check him out. My friends lost their French bulldog to a head injury from a fall off the bed (not uncommon in Frenchies, because they are so topheavy). He seemed fine that night, and died the next day from sweeling resulting from the head injury.

x2 My parents pug suffers from seizers (apparently common because of their nasal passages) and the vet prescribed medication for it. Don't take any chances with this!
Peneloki
Bully Ambassador

Return to Health Issues