Fiona getting spayed

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Fiona getting spayed

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:34 am

Hope Fiona was all good after her spay!

korneygerm: It is sort of sad, I just had a stray cat I took in spayed and she had a spay/abort as well. Thankfully less cats to round up and try to get spayed/neutered. I'm glad to hear that your girl is doing well after her spay.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Fionasbuddy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:31 am

Fiona goes in for surgery on Tuesday. Hoping all goes well!
Fionasbuddy
Newborn Bully

Postby Fionasbuddy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:15 pm

I dropped Fiona off this morning (5hours ago). Waiting to hear when I can go get her! They are also taking a look at her back paw cuz she has been licking and chewing on it like crazy and something is bothering her.... anyhow. I am ready to bring her home now. haha
Fionasbuddy
Newborn Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 pm

I hope the Fiona will be ok after her surgery and back to her normal self in a few days. She's lucky to have you. :)
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby star_frances » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Sending good wishes and waiting for an update!
star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Fionasbuddy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks guys! Waiting sucks haha.
Fionasbuddy
Newborn Bully

Postby Fionasbuddy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Someone is home! Drowsey of course but she is sleeping in her crate- she went there willingly to rest. I am just a little worried about her bothering her wound while I am sleeping. I don't want to cone the poor girl while she is sleeping...... I think she will sleep through the night and I will watch her and her owie tomorrow.
Fionasbuddy
Newborn Bully

Postby Rachel&Halo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 am

How's Fiona doing?

Halo was spayed a little too early, in my opinion (at 4 months old). I only felt sad for her the first two days; seeing her sore / stiff while walking and woozy.

Wishing Fiona a speedy recovery. :)
Rachel&Halo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby PitbullLover* » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:03 am

How is your girl doing? poor fiona sending some good thoughts! surgery is never fun, even when its better in the end.
PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Postby Fionasbuddy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks for checkin in guys! She is doing alright. I am keeping her pretty low key and if there seems to be too much energy about I am putting her in her crate to settle her. She is in her cone right now cuz I will be leaving to the gym and I don't want to worry about her finding her wound and chewing at it. She got up and went potty this morning first time since she came home (she was too drugged last night) and she had a small meal and her meds this morning and an hour later she puke some up- in my bed! lol But I think she is doing well.... Still a little druggy, probably the pain meds. She was trying to gnaw on her antler and she kept missing. ;)
Fionasbuddy
Newborn Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Aww, glad she is home and recovering. I hope she's lots better by this evening.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Tinkerbell (our min pin) goes in for her spay on Tuesday... The family who gave her to us said she had just went out of her cycle, we have only had her about 5 months and were scheduling her surgery to be the same time as Boss's, since they are bonded I figured it would be best to do it at one time for them both, so that one wont be healing with the other trying to play. If that makes any sense. Well I came home from my little trip out of town and picked her up from the boarder. Got her home and the next thing I know our male Boston is going absolutely crazy. I dont know if he got her or not but the vet said to schedule the surgery. She is on lockdown now and will be out of heat for the surgery..

Everything at my house is about to get its jolly's loped off and goodies taken out, and this includes one hubby if he tries to say different!
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:03 pm

The only thing I worry about is keeping weight off of her and keeping her in shape after the surgery, but thank goodness we didnt go ahead and wait to get her done with Boss man and find out she was a few weeks pregnant! We have never really had to get female dogs fixed because we just keep them in check during heat, but the more I realize how stupid this has been all of these years. I guess it is because I am young and just listen to the locals. But now I know better, its time to get everyone fixed so we KNOW that nothing can happen to bring more babies into this world...

I am glad Fiona did well with her surgery! It makes me feel better.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues