blue buffalo dog food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

blue buffalo dog food?

Postby los86 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:50 pm

what up everyone has anybody elses dog been sick lately that is fed blue buffalo?
my dog gotti 1 year old has been fed blue buffalo since puppy hood and now is on blue lamb and brown rice...so far its been ok but since last week he has been sick vomiting and diarrhea not eating his food. at first i thought oh no a blockage! being my sister lost a puppy to a blockage chewing on bamboo in the backyard, so took him to the vet and they said could be gastroenteritis,blockage,or parvo, and that to really find out he needed to stay the night but i couldn't afford the overnight stay unless they would allow me to pay monthly but they didn't offer payment plans so we took him home with the meds treating for the gastroenteritis while feeding him boiled rice and chicken. since he has been sick he has avoided the blue buffalo and gobbles up the chicken and rice leaving only little rice and have noticed that he has eaten some of my sisters dogs pedigree and havent seen him vomit or have any diarrhea and remember that the last time i gave him some bluebuff he threw it up about 10 hours later. since i came to the assumption of maybe the food is bad i been doing research and read about the recalls from 2007 and 2010 but nothing more recent being recalled. im very disappointed and will be pissed if there is something wrong with the blue buffalo being i stood by it being a good quality food meat being the first ingredient and no corn, soy or wheat in the mix .
los86
Newborn Bully

Re: blue buffalo dog food?

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 pm

I don't know of any dogs sick from Blue Buffalo recently.

Ever been sick with the flu and not wanted to eat the thing you ate right before you got sick? This happened to me with popcorn as a kid, it was YEARS before I ever ate popcorn again. This happens to pets too... its very common in cats.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Is the bag itself, expired?
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby los86 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am

misskiwi
yes it has when i was younger my sister worked at cinabon and brought some home everyday she worked i ate it everyday till i got sick of it still haven't had any since.

brokenaquarian
the bag doesnt expire til aug 8 2012
los86
Newborn Bully

Postby los86 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:39 am

misskiwi i doubt this is the case because when he eats the blue he vomits and has diarrhea but so far i see that the chicken and rice and the pedigree doesnt cause anything
los86
Newborn Bully

Postby jordanberry20 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:10 pm

i feed my pit blue buffalo wilderness formula and shes been fine on it, she just doesnt really like to eat it dry so i mix canned food in it and then she will eat all the dry food.
jordanberry20
Newborn Bully

Postby MissKitty » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Take the food you have left back to the store and tell them what happened. They should refund you (they in turn should get a refund from BB).
Also call the 1-800 number on the bag and tell them about what is happening. Take down the name of the person you talk to for future reference.

I have not heard of BB having any recent problems but better safe than sorry.
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Interesting.

Had a client call me today to ask if we could test a bag of BB that she had her cats on. Same story as the OP's. Everytime she tried to feed this particular bag of food, the cats would vomit. Switch them to gastro, they were fine.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 pm

I wouldn't feed them the Pedigree either, that's really lousy dog food. I hope your dog feels better soon.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby los86 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 am

Hes doing alot better now looking alot happier since i stopped giving him the blue im thinking about going back to nutro max. but the other issue i have is recently unemployed and new dad of a handsome 4 month old boy im starting to feel the stress of paying $50 for a 30lb bag of food.
los86
Newborn Bully

Postby los86 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 am

i know pedigree as far as quality isn't that great, but since i can remember my brother in law has always fed his dogs pedigree and they where always super healthy and in good shape never needing a vet visit unless it was a scheduled check up or vaccine update.
los86
Newborn Bully

Postby star_frances » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:02 pm

If you have a Costco near you their Kirkland food is a good price and good quality. They have some different varieties based on the needs of your dog. $30 for 40lbs should hurt your wallet a bit less.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... lang=en-US
star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I don't know if this is related but I just had a friend contact me that has been having an issue with her dogs anal glands recently. Back in May she put him on BB. She says he's been to the vet once a week for the last month because he won't stop leaking...and every time his sacs are full. :(
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby los86 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 pm

thanx ill be going to costco later to give it a try
los86
Newborn Bully

Postby los86 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:54 pm

thats sucks anal gland leaking
los86
Newborn Bully