The Fat... It Dangles!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

The Fat... It Dangles!

Postby BigBadPibbul » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Just a quick update on Chino.
She's still far from ideal, but she's progressing nicely :nana:
She's up to eight blocks on average 2x a day. There for a long while she would slow down 3/4 of the way around a three block walk and waddle like a lame turtle the rest of the way home. She's now moving at a good steady pace all the way around.
Her belly is getting saggy where the fat is no longer occupying so much space beneath her skin. :yipee: It's weird to be happy about dangling floppy skin but I couldn't be happier to see her middle swaying when she walks.

She's also been having better energy levels, today I just about screamed I was so happy, I came into the room with the leash and she did a couple of slow donuts on the rug letting me know she couldn't wait to go for her walk. Chino hasn't done donuts in a good long while. Hooray for higher energy levels!
It was actually hard to make her take the turn when we hit the nine block mark, she wanted to keep going but I don't want her to over do it. Over the next few weeks we'll add an extra block at a time to the walks but I want her to take it easy on her wrists until she's lighter. She's done so well I'd hate to set her back by giving in to her wanting to take a really long walk.

Chino seems to really enjoy her treat ball! I was kind of surprised that my easily bored bull lump actually enjoyed trying to figure out how to get the kibble out lol
She's been to the vet, I made her an appointment with the big clinic east of town so we wouldn't have to wait for Stormy's appointment at the end of last month, blood work and X-rays of her front legs looked good. We go back in three weeks for another weight check and to see if we need to adjust her diet any further. I hate the diet, I feel like I'm starving her, but it seems to be helping so we're sticking with it.
BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Re: The Fat... It Dangles!

Postby irkenequine » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:03 am

Congrats! sounds like you're doing a great job! Keep it up Chino! We could all take a dose of that motivation to slim up, I know I could XD My pittie is is an ex-fattie and was overbred at some point in her life so she's got big swingin booby skin...I think its kind of endearing :)
irkenequine
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues