armchair vets...fuzzy xrays?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

armchair vets...fuzzy xrays?

Postby irkenequine » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:34 pm

So I'm sitting here at work (I work ICU overnights) and the vets have alreayd left for the evening...but the more I stare at hte xrays, the more I think I'm overanalyzing them.

Short story: BYB Bull Terrier fell into my life. Needs bilateral TPLO's (different matter) but he's got thick scar tissue across the tops of both front legs. We took a VD view (unfortunately thats on film not digital) and one of the orthopedic vets I work with just said "Huh." Elbows looked "fuzzy" and there was a slight bow to his left front, but nothing major...she recommended I get some lateral views so we could look further into it.

So I just took the laterals and I think I'm just looking at them funny. Do his long bones look 'fuzzy' to other people? I've uploaded them as negative images as I think you can read them clearer.

Of course I'm going to consult with one of my vets on Monday, but as I'm sitting here alone for the next 12 hours I thought some armchair vets could help me out here :P

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3391/catfish1o.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8751/catfish2.jpg

The results of these xrays don't really 'mean' anything except I'm fortunate enough to have access to a facility that can take them for pennies and I was just curious to see why he ambulated abnormally. I don't expect there to be anything I can DO about it...I just think they look strange.
irkenequine
Newborn Bully

Re: armchair vets...fuzzy xrays?

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 pm

I think you are just overanalyzing the incredibly amazing radiographs you have taken.

Or he has panosteitis, but I don't think so...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby irkenequine » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Thats not a bad guess though, its an option. I am overanalyzing and I need to let them go...especially because regardless of what it is, it DOESNT MATTER becuase its obviously not something you can do anything about XD

And damn they are amazing right? Phew this digital xray machine is insane...I am used to doing them with regular ol' film so its been an exciting upgrade for me working here. I do miss having the films though and snapping them up to boards...something about having them in tactile form is more satisfying.

Thank you for warding my paranoia!
irkenequine
Newborn Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:52 am

irkenequine wrote:Thats not a bad guess though, its an option. I am overanalyzing and I need to let them go...especially because regardless of what it is, it DOESNT MATTER becuase its obviously not something you can do anything about XD

And damn they are amazing right? Phew this digital xray machine is insane...I am used to doing them with regular ol' film so its been an exciting upgrade for me working here. I do miss having the films though and snapping them up to boards...something about having them in tactile form is more satisfying.

Thank you for warding my paranoia!

You are probably seeing a lot of normal anatomy and detail you aren't used to seeing. Very common when upgrading to digital.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Lixx » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 pm

From what I see there are some abnormal density changes there. I'd wait to hear what the vet says.
Lixx
Adolescent Bully

Return to Health Issues