my poor girl!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

my poor girl!

Postby anashenwrath » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:48 am

Scylla had to have two teeth pulled yesterday! (upper premolars, lord knows how she broke them). The vet said she was fine, but she is acting so sad right now, it's killing me!

she got a painkiller this morning, but she keeps sighing and whimpering. i'm thinking of making her broth or something. is there anything else i can do to make her more comfortable?

i know she'll probably be back to normal by tomorrow, but i hate seeing her so uncomfortable. :crybaby:
anashenwrath
Newborn Bully

Re: my poor girl!

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:52 am

What kind of pain killer did they use? If it's something like metacam, yOu could ask for tramadol as well.

When buddy had her teeth extracted (15!!) she was very very painful the next day and they has to give her hydromorphone (but she was in hospital). She doesn't do well on hydro but because she had had a steroid injection, she couldn't have the usual NSAIDs.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby anashenwrath » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 am

she's on tramadol right now. the vet actually said that she might be whining bcs the painkillers are making her feel woozy and disoriented, not bcs of the pain. So hopefully when the painkillers are done (by tomorrow), she'll start acting more like her normal self. i just hate seeing her so depressed and out of it. she drank some of the broth i made her, so hopefully it helped. i also tried putting an cold pack on her cheek, but I think it just annoyed her.
anashenwrath
Newborn Bully

Postby NYnative » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 am

Hope she feels better soon.
NYnative
Bully Ambassador

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:58 am

:hug: to your poor girl. I bet she'll feel better in a day or so. I was trying to think of something you could do with her to distract her from it, maybe a walk?
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby anashenwrath » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 pm

she just wants to come right in from a walk. i think it's a combination of being woozy and uncomfortable is just making her hate everything.

we're letting her in the bedroom and that seems to be making her happiest. i swear she's milking it. these noises are just too pathetic :crybaby:

Thanks for all the well wishes and good advice!
anashenwrath
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues