Floozie update..

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Floozie update..

Postby nic » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 am

Right she's been to the osteopath,and it is good news.
He couldn't find anything wrong with the knee,he said it feels stable,and the same as the other knee.
That he can't say 'no it is definitly not cruciate trouble' as he's not a vet,BUT he really doesn't think it is. :)
He flexed that sucker in ways i didn't know it could bend lol,and she had no reaction to anything he did.
He agreed that she is not lame.
He did get a reaction when working on the psoas muscle,and said she has tight hamstrings,so he's worked on both of those problems.
I'm to keep her on lead this week still,but I can take her out for pretty long walks on lead,up to an hour,then next week start introducing off lead,just a minute or 2 at a time to start with.
No agility for the near future,i couldn't care less if she doesn't do agility for the next 6 months,just want her to be ok long term.
So hopefully its just a mild pull of the psoas muscle,not even a tear or strain.
I'll get him to have a look at her once a week when I take Mookie down for training.
I am so relieved!!
Of course if he does go lame again,I'll get her off to the vet.
I was so happy to be able to walk her today,I took her Bug and Mook for half hour and she is right as rain still. :thumbsup:
nic
Forum Junky

Re: Floozie update..

Postby pblove » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:06 am

I am gald your happy with the Gloozie news.
I never saw any lameness either, just that tight, 'short' walk so the tight muscle ws probably responsible.
Stay well pretty Floozie
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby nic » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 am

pblove wrote:I am gald your happy with the Gloozie news.
I never saw any lameness either, just that tight, 'short' walk so the tight muscle ws probably responsible.
Stay well pretty Floozie

Sorry let me explan myself a bit better.I didn't think there was nothing wrong at all on that original video,I didn't mean you to think that I was saying 'oh he agreed with me there was nothing wrong at all'.I just meant he meant today he sees no lameness,or weird movement,as I hadn't for the past couple of days. :)
Looks like you were right about the short stepping :thumbsup:
Seems like she was REALLY lame on Saturday,bit stiff on Sunday when i took and posted the first vid,and normal since then.
nic
Forum Junky

Postby elegy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm

'psoas injuries can be a pain in the neck to get to heal. I hope she's back to being 100% soon!
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby nic » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:36 am

Thanks.
That's what Steve had right?Is he 100% now?
nic
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues