"Simply Nourish" dog food.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

"Simply Nourish" dog food.

Postby Libby » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:40 am

So I went into Petsmart today to pick up a few things for the puppy-butt, and ended up buying a couple bags of Petsmart's new brand of food. It sounds pretty good, and at $15 for a 15 lb bag for the puppy food, I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out for a while.

The ingredients are....

Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Dried Sweet Potato, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Blueberries, Salmon Oil (source of DHA), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-ascorbyl-polyphosphate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferric Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Choline Chloride.

Regardless, after the two 15 lb bags run out I'll just switch her over to Taste of the Wild, but it doesn't seem bad to me.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues