Damien has heartworms. :(

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Damien has heartworms. :(

Postby jtalt7 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:11 pm

We've been able to treat all our HW + dogs. You just have to talk with the company and tell them you have a positive dog. They usually send a whole box which can treat 2 dogs of moderate size.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

chuey_316
Newborn Bully

Re: Damien has heartworms. :(

Postby chuey_316 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Very sorry to nercopost, but I wanted to give an update on Damien.

Damian has been doing wonderfully since starting the treatment 6 years ago, and he's about to turn 11 years old. About a week ago, he had lost alot of weight, and was having a hard time supporting his himself. He would randomly fall down on his side when standing, walking, or sitting.

I made an appointment at the vet and had him looked at 2 days ago. Turns out it's a sodium toxicity. Vet said that he either ingested alot of salt, or something in his body isn't processing sodium properly. They gave him fluid injections under his skin, and said to check back and let them know how he's doing tomorrow. He's already noticeably put on weight, hasn't lost balance, or gotten shaky legs.

Now it comes full circle. When we were at the vet, they ran a heart work test to see if the levels had progressed. The test came back negative! Damien is heart worm free!

Return to “Health Issues”