Zora has been vomiting :(

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Zora has been vomiting :(

Postby Libby » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:17 am

She threw up the first time at about 11pm. It was just a small amount of white,foamy bile, but she did it two more times over the course of the night.

I'm hoping its nothing, and maybe just in relation to the kennel cough, but I am a mess. I've been so worried about her havign parvo, and today is the sixth day since I brought her home. She was at the shelter from the 17th to the 22nd, and since parvo has a seven day incubation.....

I'm taking her into work with me today so I can watch her closely. So far she hasn't had any diarrhea, but I am so stressed out.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Re: Zora has been vomiting :(

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:52 am

Oh no...I hope it's nothing and she's back to normal as quickly as possible.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:57 am

Prayers for Zora and hoping it will resolve quickly! Come on you little puppy - you get better!!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby nic » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am

Fingers crossed it is nothing serious. :pray
My dogs bring up bile if I am too late feeding them,think they're stomachs are 'prepared' for eating and when nothing comes,they start throwing up bile.
nic
Forum Junky

Postby Libby » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Well, my vet is positive its in relation to the coughing, so he gave me some cough syrup to give her at night, since that is when its the worst. He said it would be ok to give to her twice a day if her coughing is really bad. I gave her some first thing this morning and while she's still hacking, its nothing like it was last night. She wouldn't even eat her breakfast this morning, but about an hour after I gave her the meds she ate some of it and started chewing on one of her bones.

Parvo is such a nasty, terrible thing that we have horrible amounts of over here, I'm probably going to think every little thing that goes on with her until she is a year old is going to be parvo.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 pm

So glad to hear that Zora is eating a bit and chewing her bone.
I can't blame you one tiny bit for being nervous about parvo. It seems to be rearing it's ugly head everywhere.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:45 pm

A pit bull puppy that I fostered had horrible kennel cough. He threw up white foam as well and was really stuffed up with gunk. I put Little Noses for kids nose spray in his nose and we hung out in the bathroom with the hot water on for about 15 minutes twice a day, like a steam room. It helped him a lot. I hope she gets better soon!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:24 am

Is she still eating and playing? If so, I wouldn't worry about Parvo. They usually vomit for 12-24 hours before the diarrhea starts, but often start slowing down the day before the vomiting starts, and rarely eat when the vomiting starts.

Hope Zora is feeling better fast!!!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues