Online Food Orders ? opinions ?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Online Food Orders ? opinions ?

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:01 pm

After sending my husband to get some Canidae today, and finding that the bag went up by $5+ at our local place, I am seriously thinking about ordering online. But where?

I looked online at what Google spit out when I put in Canidae Pure Elements Grain Free, 30 lb bag, but I'm not sure what the best way to go is. Often I find with places that sell online, their stock can be unreliable.
Can any of you give me feedback on these companies?

PetCareRx $46.99 FreeShipping
Amazon $52.89 Free Shipping <<not excited about just using random 'Amazon'
NaturalK9Supplies $52.99 +Shipping
PetSolutions $62.99 FreeShipping
Wag.com $50.99-$57.99 FreeShipping
petflow $61.94 w/shipping

obviously any of these prices are better than the $80 we spit out today for the same bag. Oi!
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Re: Online Food Orders ? opinions ?

Postby GoingPostal » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:15 pm

I know a lot of people use petflow, I've ordered from doggiefood.com, petfooddirect, k9cuisine and somewhere else, had good luck with everyone so far, I'm not ordering dog food anymore thankfully but still get canned cat food sometimes. I always stocked up and ordered 2-3 bags at a time but found it was similarly priced at a pet store out of town so went either way, you'll have the advantage of being able to run out and buy a small bag locally if you run out or can't order which is nice.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:51 pm

I've had problems with petcarerx and their free shipping doesn't cover food orders. I have been using petflow for a while now for the cats food. I posted my link in equipment section for me to get referal credit a while back. I have been really satisfied with them. I like having delivery set. Never have to think about placing an order and they notify you a week before shipping so you can make changes if needed. I have a free delivery code if you decide to go with them.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Sorry the post is all crammed with no paragraphs. I'm posting from my phone and still learning. I have no idea how to make paragraphs lol wanted to add they have always had my food and/or treats in stock and ready to ship.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby PaigeJ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:54 pm

I also use PetFlow. They have free shipping on orders over $50 and it's nice to have a delivery schedule for our food. We get TOTW and getting it online is like $5 cheaper plus I don't have to waste gas driving miles out of the way to get to a store that stocks it.
PaigeJ
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby PitBull-Lady » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:12 pm

That is really cool! I did not realize that they would set up an 'appointment' to deliver. That's really handy!

How does it arrive? Is it is a protective bag? I realize that sounds stupid.
Did you ever have any arrive rancid or busted open?
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 pm

I have only ordered canned food cases and packs of treats. Because my cats eat canned only and Khan eats raw. I have never had anything broken, dented or damaged in the months I have been ordering. No billing problems, no issues at all. oh and they take coupons too if you ever get any from the manufacturer or whatever.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby PaigeJ » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 am

PitBull-Lady wrote:How does it arrive? Is it is a protective bag? I realize that sounds stupid.
Did you ever have any arrive rancid or busted open?

I've only ordered once from them so far and am expecting my next bag next week. It actually arrived in one day once they shipped it. My 30lb bag was in a large box with packing material on top. Wasn't busted open or rancid :) Just looked like a regular bag of food. I was SO glad not to drive to the store to get it :thumbsup:
PaigeJ
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby heartbullies » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:56 am

Love Petflow!

Have received many bags of TOTW and just switched to Prairie LID grain-free. They come on time as I scheduled, and in a huge cardboard box. Cheaper than the pet shop I otherwise frequent and no need to battle for parking. Never had bag issues though these two brands have plastic type bags not the papery kind. I also got chews and treats from petflow.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 pm

This is very exciting. I am looking forward to trying them!

I guess I could even have it delivered to a vacation spot or their care provider. So exciting!
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues