I was not going to wait two weeks for sure, because yesterday her toe looked like this, even with all the bandaging that I did.
Obviously the two powerful antibiotics did nothing for her and today I took her back to Dr. Anderson, who was unfortunately off yesterday. Sneaky is there overnight, for monitoring, and tomorrow morning early a very large portion of the lesion will be taken out and sent out to look for carcinoma. Plus some fresh tissues will be cultured.My worries ended up being the ones of the vet, cancer. He did not believe how bad it was til he saw her today. He is trying to save her toes, depending on the biopsy result, since it is a toe responsible for weight baring and not juts one of the outside ones. The lesion won't heal if it is cancer, and if that is the outcome I will have it amputated. We took x rays, and if it is cancer he has not attacked the bones on the foot yet.
I lost a dog I loved very much to a tumor in her heart, this past Friday, and I am still trying to deal with it somehow. I can't catch a break.I had 5 happy dogs in my house on Thursday night and tonight there are only 3 left here.