Sneaky's latest ordeal

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Sneaky's latest ordeal

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am

awww Sneaky, Poor girl!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MyTinkerbully » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:09 pm

OUCH!!! Poor Sneaky baby!!! Where is Sneaky's nail!?!?! I couldn't even see it in the picture? Good grief that looks painful. Give Sneaky some extra loves from me!
MyTinkerbully
Newborn Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 pm

did they test for MRSA or necrotizing faciitis or thigns like that - that should not be soooo freaking red!!!???!!!
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby turtle » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Ouch! Poor pup, that looks very painful.

Would soaking her foot in epsom salts help it heal? (Like she's gonna let you do that... not!)

Hope it gets better soon.
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby PitBull-Lady » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Poor Sneaky. That just looks painful and she so unhappy.

turtle wrote:...Would soaking her foot in epsom salts help it heal? ...

actually, that might be a good idea. you might be able to get her in the tub to stand in warm water. Disguise it as a bath?

mtlu wrote:... if there was a vacuum cleaner for grass, you would own one...

:wow
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:39 pm

turtle wrote:Would soaking her foot in epsom salts help it heal? (Like she's gonna let you do that... not!)

Because of the pain or cause she can't stay still? The vet really poked and prodded that poor toe, but she was only interested in someone giving her attention.Wish I was that stoic when in pain.I keep epsom salts here and I'll try it tomorrow.

The toe does not look much better today (maybe a little less swollen) and I called one of my others vets to see if he could see her, who also insisted that I need to give the antibiotics a few more days. Easy to say, that thing looks horrible.

Not even two minutes after I changed the non sticky gauze, padded gauze, ointment and vet warp, I let her out to potty and romp around the yard for a few minutes since she had locked in the inside kennel all morning. The idiot went straight for the kiddie pool with one of her toys. Eh, at least she moves like nothing was going on.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nichole » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 pm

She totally lives in the moment. She might be a nut but she is awesome.
I'd be worried about that toe too. Makes me cringe just to look at it. Yeah keep giving her the antibiotics but maybe he can see her anyway. Just to humor you.
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby dot » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 am

ewwies wrote:Poor Sneaky! Hope she heals up quickly!

p.s. I think this may be one of the first photos of Sneaky, that I have seen, where she is laying down.. not moving.

Very true! roflmao

Poor girl! That toe looks awful.
dot
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pblove » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:32 am

looks like a growth a friend's dog had on her toe
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:56 pm

I usually recommend two weeks of antibiotics before I start worrying it might be a tumor... you can get some serious nastiness in the feet that will go away with time and TLC... and if it doesn't go away, she's better off without the toe.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:36 pm

I was not going to wait two weeks for sure, because yesterday her toe looked like this, even with all the bandaging that I did.

Obviously the two powerful antibiotics did nothing for her and today I took her back to Dr. Anderson, who was unfortunately off yesterday. Sneaky is there overnight, for monitoring, and tomorrow morning early a very large portion of the lesion will be taken out and sent out to look for carcinoma. Plus some fresh tissues will be cultured.My worries ended up being the ones of the vet, cancer. He did not believe how bad it was til he saw her today. He is trying to save her toes, depending on the biopsy result, since it is a toe responsible for weight baring and not juts one of the outside ones. The lesion won't heal if it is cancer, and if that is the outcome I will have it amputated. We took x rays, and if it is cancer he has not attacked the bones on the foot yet.

I lost a dog I loved very much to a tumor in her heart, this past Friday, and I am still trying to deal with it somehow. I can't catch a break.I had 5 happy dogs in my house on Thursday night and tonight there are only 3 left here.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby patty » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:41 pm

:pray I will be thinking of you both
patty
Forum Junky

Postby ewwies » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Omg! Poor sneaky, poor you. I am so sorry this is happening. I hope everything will be ok with sneaky... And im still keepin you guys in my prayers.
ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 am

Three weeks ago we had to amputate BOTH weight bearing toes of a hind leg due to a mast cell tumor. The dog is now walking fabulously on it... dogs are soooo resilient.

Hoping its nothing too scary, I've amputated lots of toe tumors, and thus far (knock on wood) have not had any that turned out to be horrible. Even the malignant melanoma was caught before it spread... Fingers crossed for happy biopsy results!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby nic » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 am

Wishing you and Sneaky good luck.My friends Rottie had to have a toe amputated because of a cancerous growth,that was last year sometime,and so far no problems. :)
nic
Forum Junky

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues