ligament problem...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: ligament problem...

Postby Red » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:12 am

lilangel wrote: Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can even see cruciate injury by radiograph.

Same experience and understanding as Mtlu.My Ice, before the TPLO was performed, had a drawer sign test and palpation of the area surrounding the knee done, but the x rays actually showed arthritis, which can set in pretty quickly after a cruciate ligament rupture. The orthopedic surgeon who saw her after my regular Dr. was clear about what she had, based on the x ray disk I brought to him. When the cruciate ligament tears, there can be farther damage around the knee, which can also be seen on x rays. That was seen in Zoey, the latest dog in my care who got a cruciate surgery, and when the Dr. opened her up he was prepared to clean up the area before doing the extra capsular surgery.I think there was damage on the meniscus and he saw it on x rays.

This were Zoey's x rays, in case you wanted to take a look:

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby julien_sti » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 am

I understand to be carefull that it could still be a tear even if after a couple weeks shes acting fine, but now shes been on low ativity and anti-inflamatory for 3 days and shes walking absolutely normal and the swelling is gone, yesterday I brang her outside for potty and she ran like a rocket all over the backyard untill I stopped her...of course im not going back to real activitys right now and i dont let her go crazy like that, but I really think the vet was right and there is no tear I remember even when he tested her knee without the X-rays just by maipulation he said he couldnt see no tear at the limit it was partial tear, and after then X-rays and other test thats when he said there was no tear, I dont know but i guess he know what hes talking about. im gonna take the 2-3 week off and then slowly back to exercice just like he recommended and thanks for the box thing im starting that today!
julien_sti
Newborn Bully

Postby lilangel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 am

julien_sti wrote:I understand to be carefull that it could still be a tear even if after a couple weeks shes acting fine, but now shes been on low ativity and anti-inflamatory for 3 days and shes walking absolutely normal and the swelling is gone, yesterday I brang her outside for potty and she ran like a rocket all over the backyard untill I stopped her...of course im not going back to real activitys right now and i dont let her go crazy like that, but I really think the vet was right and there is no tear I remember even when he tested her knee without the X-rays just by maipulation he said he couldnt see no tear at the limit it was partial tear, and after then X-rays and other test thats when he said there was no tear, I dont know but i guess he know what hes talking about. im gonna take the 2-3 week off and then slowly back to exercice just like he recommended and thanks for the box thing im starting that today!

:crazy:
lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby julien_sti » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:31 pm

lilangel wrote:
julien_sti wrote:I understand to be carefull that it could still be a tear even if after a couple weeks shes acting fine, but now shes been on low ativity and anti-inflamatory for 3 days and shes walking absolutely normal and the swelling is gone, yesterday I brang her outside for potty and she ran like a rocket all over the backyard untill I stopped her...of course im not going back to real activitys right now and i dont let her go crazy like that, but I really think the vet was right and there is no tear I remember even when he tested her knee without the X-rays just by maipulation he said he couldnt see no tear at the limit it was partial tear, and after then X-rays and other test thats when he said there was no tear, I dont know but i guess he know what hes talking about. im gonna take the 2-3 week off and then slowly back to exercice just like he recommended and thanks for the box thing im starting that today!

:crazy:

sorry did I say anything weird? dont forget im the french guy here sometimes its not really clear when I write something. If you want me to clarify what I said tell me, because this little smiley youre putting here I dont get it
julien_sti
Newborn Bully

Postby julien_sti » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 am

now if that wasent enough she got atacked by a big dog when we came outside for potty...it was probably around 100lbs, either a husky mix or a wolf-dog...who the hell ties a 100lbs vicious dog with a chihuahua leash...seriously it was so small and cheap it broke like nothing, xena saw him she barked, he charged...that was not fun I never tought I would kick a dog like that(yes now I know thats not the thing to do but right there when it happened I dint think I just tryed protecting my dog)...that was not a good evening definetly...lucky for us he dint hurt her knee more! I hope she dosent develope an aggressivity problem from that chocolate experience there is ALLWAYS dogs tied down my stairs...I live second floor from a depanneur. Normally its just normal dogs...who leaves such an agressive dog unsupervised in a public place???
julien_sti
Newborn Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues