Whats wrong with her PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Whats wrong with her PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

Postby ilovetyson » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Blue buffalo is a good food, But.. Honestly.. At least here.. banfields are AWFUL! lol Most mis diagnose, and will charge a arm and a leg for nothing. But, that is here. LOL I Wouldn't touch one if it was last vet in a 20mile radius.
Do you have any friends with dogs near you? That you can get a personal reference for there vet? But, I too.. Would have it skin scraped. I am very surprised your vet didn't do it.
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Cherry » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:29 am

I always said that too but we have had really good experience with 2 out of 3 Banfields so far. Not a bad ratio. There's multiple vets at each location, usually. And there's always bad and good ones. We've gotten lucky and found vets that listen to me, see that I know what I'm talking about and usually just look her over, agree with me and prescribe meds. We've never been overcharged for anything. They do love to do the Science Diet speal that first day but I always be sure to inform them what a crappy food I think it is and bring a bag of my high quality kibble ingredient list with me. They never mention food again.

That being said, Cherry ONLY gets her preventative care and allergy meds there. Skin scrapings, all that stuff is covered under her plan so it helps find out what's going on. For serious stuff, we go to a private vet.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:49 am

We're happy banfield customers as well. It's really going to depend on your area and the people working there-just like anything else. I love being on the plan. With Pit Bulls who have regular skin issues, and being the worry wart that I am, we've saved a ton of money. Our vet always gives us an estimate first, and if there are things on the list we don't want, they either offer an alternative or simply take it off.

I agree at the very least this dog needs a skin scrapping. I'm surprised the first vet didn't do one, and the type of personality I have, I'd likely call the vet and ask why it wasn't done. Maybe you can get a copy of the records for that day, so when you take the dog to the new vet they can see what was done and decide what to do (and if anything needs to be redone, or omitted because of the first vet).
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Well, I am glad you guys had good experiance. lol But, Like I said here.. Local to me.. they are Awful! haha ;-) I can't seem to find a vet.. period.. that is worth the time or my money around here recently!

Hopefully you can get the dog in somewhere to get a skin scraping. And hopefully whatever it is. it gets fixed quickly! :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby akaspaddero » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Love Blue Buffalo food. If she has food allergies you'll love the Basic line - fish and potato. Maddie thrives on it!
But any of their formulas are magnificent. Wilderness is their grain free - again I use their salmon. My black dogs look awesome on this product. Their coats never look better.

And ps - hope you find out what is going on
akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Unless of course there's a soy allergy in which case this likely won't work.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Previous

Return to Health Issues