Taff's got vesicles on her vulva! :(

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Taff's got vesicles on her vulva! :(

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:56 pm

I noticed her licking her vulva a lot more than usual today... thinking it might be an ingrown hair (which she's had in the past), I checked it out. She's got two fair sized vesicles on her vulva.... one on the outside, and one on the inside "lip" that folds in...

I'm trying not to panic. Thinking of course, it could be Canine Herpes virus... which I've heard even sterilized dogs can pick up just about anywhere...

But I've also heard that vesicles can be caused by allergies. She had a small vesicle-like bump on her vulva this spring during her spring allergy season, and it went away after a few days. But these ones are bigger, and the area around them looks a bit swollen.

Bad photo.. but you can just make out the one on the outside that's easily visible (circled)....
..I'll try to get a clearer picture tomorrow in the daylight.

I JUST got her through her first ever hot-spot. Now this.... I'm totally beside myself.

Is there anything the Vet can do about this kind of thing? Or is it one of those "apply cream when it happens, and wait out the flare-up" kind of deals that will always come back no matter what...? :(
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Re: Taff's got vesicles on her vulva! :(

Postby Jazzy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:00 am

Here is the thread chronicling our experience with the vulva vesicle.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=145030&hilit=veronica+vulva

The short version is: don't freak out, make sure the vet aspirates it before doing anything major and go from there. Veronica's went away with antibiotics.
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Re: Taff's got vesicles on her vulva! :(

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:30 am

I can imagine that's not going to feel very good... I hope they're going to numb the area first. Owie...

There's a white-head forming on the one blister/vesicle. Maybe it's a gnarly pimple brought on by allergies? I dunno. I hope they go away on their own in the next couple of days, if not I'll have to take her to the Vet. Again... :(
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Return to Health Issues