Good Lord, anything else at this time?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Good Lord, anything else at this time?

Postby lilangel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 am

Got your txt. check email. <sigh> :teardrops:
lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby HappyPuppy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:06 am

Really??????? I'm disappointed that it happened this fast (and that it happened at all!)! Hang in there ... you have to!!
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby turtle » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Red wrote:I think Zoey blew her other knee earlier today. Really....
Her vet is out til Friday and i'll take x rays then.Hope it is not the case but it looks like it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oh geez I hope not.... I hope it is just a sprain. Poor Zoey and poor you.

I'm sorry Val, you're getting a rough time this year.
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pacopoe » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Ugh. Doesn't she know you deserve a break? So sorry you have to go through this.
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:28 pm

I wonder if a brace may be an option with this one if it is in fact a tear :dunno:
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Megan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Poor zoey :( you are getting hit hard Val. I hope she is ok!
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Red » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:42 pm

FBODGRL wrote:I wonder if a brace may be an option with this one if it is in fact a tear :dunno:

Vin has been talking to me about it, on e-mail.I e-mailed Orthopets an hour ago, to see if they can send me the cast fitting info to give to my vet tomorrow.I don't know what the outcome will be after the visit, no interest in her, and now nobody will want her for sure. She is such a sweet dog and this is really unfair. I'd be more optimistic if I did not have a sh*t load of stuff happening to my dogs this year and less vet bills.

The video is of today, and she is quite uncomfortable.She even lip licks and shakes off when I gently lay her on my lap to give her a massage, which she usually enjoys very much. She saw me this morning and she immediately got up to show me her piggy toy, she does that every day, but she had to lay down shortly after. We are taking her out on a sling to go potty so that she has support.Gave her two doses of Deramaxx between last night and this morning but they are not helping.I am calling my vet first thing in the AM and hopefully he can see us tomorrow for x rays and evaluation.

Nichole wrote:Oh zoezoe. Is this the same joint she had the surgery on? What happened?

No, the other knee. If the ligament is the problem it might be because of the extra stress put on it after she was injured.She got the extra capsular repair on that knee shortly after I took her in, but who knows how long she had been in the condition with the ass hat who had her before. There was already arthritis and meniscus damage, which had to be cleaned up.
As far as what happened, I don't know.She was out in the yard and walking around no problem, then I called her to the garage to get her nail trimmed. She was sitting on one of those huge Costco beds I have in there, and got her nails trimmed no problem, as usual.Then I got up to give her a treat and she followed me with her leg up.Paws and pads checked, nothing in there that I saw. All I can think about is that she stood up on the thick bed and maybe turned on her knee in the wrong way.She did not yelp so I am not sure this is what happened.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:54 pm

She is such a sweet heart... I wish this wasn't happening, it's heart breaking. :(
trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Nichole » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Every time I see a Zoey update I expect to see "adopted by my friends with two little girls!" - they just seem to love her. I just wasn't expecting this. I hope you get good news tomorrow, or maybe not as bad as expected news. For a change.
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Red » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Nichole wrote:Every time I see a Zoey update I expect to see "adopted by my friends with two little girls!" - they just seem to love her.

They do and there have been thoughts about it, but they will go back to Italy eventually (could be in July or after another year) and they live in an apartment there, and will be busy enough finding a home and all that goes with moving and having two kids. Zoey was at their house last night for dinner, since I wanted to monitor her and Giulia (the little girl) had called me on the cell phone to ask if Zoey could come.Both kids went in the x pen with her and fed her rib eye steak pieces, since Zoey needed to remain confined.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby dot » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:34 am

Are the dogs competing for a "woe is me" contest or something? They need to cut you a break. :hug:
dot
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby lilangel » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 am

heart breaking. :teardrops:
lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby tia_leigha » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:56 am

Awe Zoey. Do you realize how lucky you are to have someone like Red in your life? Give her extra sloppy kisses .

RED I hope it's just a slight sprain or something minor. Bless you for loving these dogs like you do, with your plate already over flowing. :hug:
tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 am

I am so sorry. Hoping for the best for you and your doggies.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 am

I want to help. What can I do? Do you have a chip in?
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues