Good Lord, anything else at this time?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Good Lord, anything else at this time?

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I did not want hear this... not that anyone did. You deserve so much more as do the dogs you've owned.
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Im so sorry Val :( if there is anyway we can all chip in for her to have surgery, I would be all over that come pay day.
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 pm

starrlamia wrote:Im so sorry Val :( if there is anyway we can all chip in for her to have surgery, I would be all over that come pay day.

Me too...
trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:45 pm

If there's nothing wrong with her front end, I'd look into getting her a wheelchair.
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm so very sorry...
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby patty » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 pm

My heart hurts to read this. Thinking of you and Zoey.
patty
Forum Junky

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Just checking in one more time before bed. I'm really sorry you're dealing with this. I hope you don't feel alone in your decision-we're here. Sorry I bombarded you earlier with all of those questions-sometimes being in the Internet and reading a story you feel strongly about gives you a sense of entitlement. :( I really wish I had the resources to make this an easy choice for you...and a happy one.

I hope you're able to get some sleep tonight. :hug:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Red » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 pm

jamielvsaustin wrote:Is the cost of the surgery the reason for euthanasia? Is it because you feel she'll be unadoptable? Are there no resources to help with the cost? Doesn't PBRC have a fund? What if you requested the money, and then we requested for you also? I think if a blind great Dane and her great Dane seeing eye dog can be adopted-together- Zoey has a good chance. Is she not a good fit for your home?

Being a fit or not have not mattered in my house for quite some time.I sure was not looking to keep Sneaky or a couple other weirdos I have. I say that with love, you know what I mean.
I was just saying to a friend that I don't poop money, and this year has been tough.Who knows what else is coming. Zoey had no interest , and she is such a lovely dog, and now who would want her with two knee injuries? I would, but it is not the right time.If I have to put a foster dog down because of the costs of a stinking cruciate injury...it is probably not the time.

PBRC pitched in for Zoey's 1st surgery, with $250, and so did some nice folks on this forum.Remember the thread about her and Diesel?

She was bandaged with a big cast thingy, just to support her for tomorrow. She is just happy she is back "home" with her new toy and her piggy.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:25 pm

PitBull-Lady wrote:
Red wrote:... She is scheduled to be euthanized on Wednesday. ...

I hesitate to say, because I know you are always very well thought through on things, but really? Are you sure?
I know things have been expensive recently, but I'm kind of shocked to hear this.

Don't hesitate, I would be questioning it too. I took Zoey and another dog when they needed help and some people came together for them. Unfortunately things have happened, one after the other.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Val, only you know your limits. And Zoey's. Whatever you decide to do, I'm behind you 100%. Of all the people on this forum, you are one of those I would believe if you said "there is just no other choice." I'm so sorry for all you've been through this year. :(
Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:12 am

Val, no one could wish for a different choice more than you right now :teardrops:
mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby Keira&Phoenix » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:06 am

My heart is breaking for you and Zoe, it skipped a beat or two when I read that she was scheduled for euthanasia.

I am very sorry Val, you have really had a hard time recently and no one should have to go through what you (or Libby) have in such a short span of time.

You did your very best for her and saved her from euthanasia many months ago, at least she got to live out the last few months of her life in safety and comfort with you.

Thinking of you.
Keira&Phoenix
Adolescent Bully

Postby heartbullies » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 am

Oh, no. This is so heartbreaking.

I really really hope you are being kind to yourself, too. I understand your decision-- doesn't make it any easier, doesn't make it at all fair. Z is a lovely dog, who had been dealt nothing but chocolate from everyone in her life before you, and whose body has failed her. I will send you a message but I just saw this and wanted to say THANK YOU for being selfless and kind, all these dogs whose lives you have touched...

Sending enormous hugs and well-wishes. Please give that chin an extra smooch from me, and a Big Mac with extra cheese.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby nic » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:54 am

Oh God that is so sad.
I'm so very sorry.
nic
Forum Junky

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:39 am

I am so sad for you and your DH and Zoey.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues