Gas

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Gas

Postby Boss*sMom » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Boss has gas... BAD gas... I'm talking make your stomach flip and I do not have a weak stomach... It is loud, he is sitting across the room and you can HEAR his gas... I have no clue why his gas is so bad tonight?? He is acting normal other than he does seem to have a belly ache... The only thing I fed him out of the ordinary were some french fries earlier while I ate dinner... I hope this is not causing this problem?? He goes to the vet wednesday to get weighed again so if he is still stinky I will mention it to the vet.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Re: Gas

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:34 am

Have them check a stool sample.

What's he eating? Like humans, excess gas is often caused by high levels of protein in a diet. When Obi and Buddy were on Orijen, they were not polite company (to put it mildly).

Today, they will get gas if we overdo the bully sticks or rawhide.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 am

Ah it might be the bully sticks then... I really can not afford to have his stool sample checked yet we are still saving for his allergy tests and now he needs a urinary analysis to see if he has a UTI and that is going to cost about 100$.... I love him very much but we have spent all of our emergency vet fund on him and a good bit of our savings... :(
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:00 pm

It's usually something they ate - or a new food. We had to turn the kitchen fan on the other night to even make a dent in the eye-watering fumes Ruby was making << I've started feeding her turkey again and that, along with lamb and sardines, are huge gas-inducing factors for her..... It was probably the oil on the french fries....
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues