going crazy!!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

going crazy!!!!

Postby tigerstripe11 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Rico, and myself, are going crazy. He just got neutered Monday and the vet told us to limit activity for 4 days. The problem is......he's a gosh darn puppy! He love to run and pounce and frolic around. It's driving him nuts. In fact, it's 11:40pm and he is wide awake! He's acting like he never had the surgery, not once has he even looked at it. I stuff the Kong with peanut butter and treats, I play games that make him think and use his sniffer. He is bored and I don't know what to do.....any ideas?
tigerstripe11
Newborn Bully

Re: going crazy!!!!

Postby Murfins » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:59 am

A raw bone to chew on might help tire him out but it sounds like you are doing all the advisable things to help a dog "rest" after surgery. I haven't had to neuter a male dog for a very long time but I seem to recall being able to do short leash walks after about 24 hours - however if the dog is a spazz on leash that might not work.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kahne131 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:03 pm

You do seem to be doing everything you can... Maybe try going to the store and getting a puzzle also to add into his games might help.....If it makes you feel better we have all gone through it..... Kahne was driving me up a wall by day 3... Oh the joys of puppies... they are lucky they are so cute! :)
Kahne131
Matured Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Lonnnng slow leash walks in places with lots of good smells always helps tire Obi out.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Health Issues