pain when getting up

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

pain when getting up

Postby riley_23 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 pm

So earlier today my dh was having chloe jump up slightly for treats(nothing that we don't do on a regular basis) after a few she yelped a little just thought she might have twisted her leg a little funny and she went about the day just fine. Around 8 or so she got down off the couch to stretch then triegetd to get back up and yelped. I had her get down and tried flexing her back legs one at a time. Bringing the left leg up was fine it was when I streached it back she yelped. It hurts her to get up after laying down . We gave her a half of deramaxx (sp) and now she's sleeping on the couch. Any ideas ? I'm not thinkingg its the knee more like the hip. She's ok going down stairs but not up, and she was walking fine with no limp. Her knee isn't swolen either. Should I wait to take her to the vet until after I get home from work tomorrow or take the day off and take her first thing?
riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Re: pain when getting up

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Keep her well rested and quiet and take her after work.

Healing thoughts sent!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: pain when getting up

Postby riley_23 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 am

Looks like she pulled a muscle in her lower back. So pain pills and anti inflamitorys no stairs and limited play time. He said if things get worse then well do an xray, he said her hips felt o just the muscles were tense.
Thanks fot the well wishes!
riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Return to Health Issues