bones

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby raiyo » Wed May 05, 2004 8:44 pm

CinderDee wrote:Image

This is a pic of one that Kato's in the middle of eating right now. :yucky:
It's about 5" in length. The bone is from a cow and I think it's the femur.

I don't cook them. I also remove some of the marrow because my dog has a funky stomach.

Hope that helps!
Dee
PS...How about some new Kozmo pics?

Those bones really from cows? I asked my mother and she said cow bones shouldn't be that thin. Is it from pigs?
raiyo

Postby damienApbt » Wed May 05, 2004 8:50 pm

thats definitely from a steer. its not that small at all. besides their legs arent that thick. me daddy is a butcher and brings them home all the time.
i have a couple of them at my house and they look just like that.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby raiyo » Wed May 05, 2004 8:56 pm

Going to the butcher this Saturday or so. Don't wanna sound like an idiot, but I just ask for marrow bones right? How many bones do I get in about a pound? I don't go grocery shopping, heheh. My dog made me do what I hardly do.

Do pigs have marrow bone? If they do, are they good for the dog or bad?
raiyo

Postby damienApbt » Wed May 05, 2004 9:10 pm

im pretty sure they dont sell just pig bones since no one makes pig stock. they do sell the whole pig just because you can basically eat all parts of it so there is not much left over.

most butchers sell them(beef bones) in packages. so, yeah, ask for marrow bones or soup bones.
Last edited by damienApbt on Fri May 07, 2004 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Fri May 07, 2004 10:54 am

JMO but I wouldn't do pig bones. I don't trust the "cleanliness" of pork meat to feed the bones or any other part. The only "hard, fast" rule I have with feeding raw, NO pork.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby mnp13 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:51 pm

barbponys wrote:JMO but I wouldn't do pig bones. I don't trust the "cleanliness" of pork meat to feed the bones or any other part. The only "hard, fast" rule I have with feeding raw, NO pork.

Pat

Don't feed raw pork or pork bones. Besides the problems that could get passed to your dog, your dog will drag the bone all over the place and contaminate your house. His stomach can probably deal with any bacteria or parasites, but as humans we are much more suceptable to diesase.

mmmm.... trichonosis kisses :yucky:

Michelle
mnp13

Previous

Return to Health Issues