Licking her lips a lot/chewing her feet

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Licking her lips a lot/chewing her feet

Postby sickmonkey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:04 am

Idk if this actually means anything, but my welsh springer licks her lips a lot. Right now she's chilling on my bed falling asleep, and licking her lips about every thirty seconds. She does this all the time. It reminds me of when I forget to put on chapstick and I have to lick mine. Could it be something similar?

She also licks/chews on her feet all the time. I don't know if the foot thing is her grooming, or if she's itchy, or what. I know she does it when she has prickles in her fur that she yanks out but she also does it when her feet seem clean. I've wondered sometimes if she had an itchy jaw, because sometimes it seems like she's rubbing that on her feet.

It doesn't seem like she is super agitated over any of this and it may just be she has weird habits, but I thought I may as well ask.

also. :mmm: appropriate smiley
sickmonkey
Newborn Bully

Re: Licking her lips a lot/chewing her feet

Postby starrlamia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 am

chewing feet is usually a sign of some sort of allergy and possible yeast issues, are her feet red at all? I would bring her to the vet so they can check for yeast and any other infection.
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 am

:goodpost:

Lip licking can be a sign of nausea. Any vomiting, retching?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby sickmonkey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:45 pm

No nausea at all that I've seen. She seems 100% fine aside from the chewing and licking.

As for red feet, it's hard to tell because they are so furry and she has dark pads, but I don't see any red.

I'll wait a bit and then see if I can get her to a vet. maybe it'll just go away :P
sickmonkey
Newborn Bully

Postby starrlamia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:58 pm

I find a soak in Apple cider vinegar and water to be helpful for itchy feet, I just throw them in the tub for five minutes and let their feet air dry.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 pm

If the licking lips thing is fairly new I would get her to a vet sooner rather than later. There could be something wrong with something in her mouth (cut, growth, broken/loose tooth, etc).

As for the feet, trim all the extra hair and look for redness or an object between her toes. Sometimes its just a matter of them being too moist from all the hair trapping any moisture. There could also be a cut, broken nail, sliver, etc.

My motto is, if in doubt...see a vet.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Health Issues