Another dog death blamed on dog treats...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Another dog death blamed on dog treats...

Postby pblove » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:33 pm

my neighbor still feeds the treats from Milo and other chicken jerky gargbage made in china. I cannot even begin to count how many times I have told her in person, let her messages on both her landline and cell phones. sent her email links of the atricles/stories/warnings but she says her dogs like them and they haven't gotten sick yet!!
I was out in the yard today with my new Stafford puppy and she came over to see dher. Guess what she pulled out of her pocket and askd if she could give it to my puppy-one of those dehydrated bananna chips with chicken jerky wrapped around it (from Waggin Tails,/made in china). It took all my strength for me not to grab the dam thing and throw it in her face. I AM glad she asked before she handed it over to Pearl or Paige though. :twisted:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:26 pm

I was actually talking with a friend at work about this because she is also a nut for good food.

Well, she told me about a part I had never thought of. VITAMINS.
Apparently the vitamins in dog food cannot be sourced in the US for a cheap enough price and only vitamins from China can be afforded by many of the manufacturers.

Her friend who owns a dog store, in the link, has reduced her inventory by almost 3/4. She has been contacting every company she had been dealing with for business. Apparently, when they contact her back, the news is not good. Most companies have sourcing of vitamins through China. So sad.

Check out her website & blog too.
http://midastouchhealth.com/pet-food
http://www.midastouchhealth.blogspot.com/

"China-Import Free

When I began Midas Touch Naturally Healthy Pets in 1999 in memory of my Golden Retriever Missy, my goal was to provide education and quality products to empower pet owners to provide optimal care for their dogs and cats. In 2012 I have taken our mission to a new level. All of the products in our store will be free of ingredients imported from China.

Because I have found that “made in the USA” does not tell the entire story, each of the manufacturers we represent are being contacted and asked if any raw materials in their products are imported from China. And we are not stopping there. If I am told the vitamins are from a country other than China, including the US, I am contacting that vitamin source to find out if their raw material is from China.

It is time to be proactive. If I can confirm that a pet product manufacturer includes raw materials sourced from China, I will not sell the product. Maybe some of these products are perfectly safe. But Chinese imports destined for our grocery store shelves have tested positive for melamine as recently as this month. I would rather err on the side of caution.

Are you a pet store owner who would like to join me in this pursuit of full disclosure? Contact me. Together we can make a difference.

Follow our blog to watch the progress of this endeavor.

Jo Bighouse"

"China-Import Free - Who Made The Cut?
I have received feedback from each of the manufacturers of the food we have been selling at Midas Touch Naturally Healthy Pets.

The food I have removed from our shelves because they include ingredients from China are:
Taste of The Wild
NutriSource
Weruva
BFF
Nature's Variety (kibble and cans)
By Nature
Now
Go
Sojos grain-free varieties (the Sojos Original does not include China sourced ingredients)
The companies whose food remains on our shelves because they have assured me there are no ingredients from China:
Nature's Logic
Merrick
Before Grain
Acana
Orijen
Verus
Stella & Chewy's
OC Raw Dog
Primal
Bravo
The Honest Kitchen
Rad Cat
Aunt Jeni's
Vital Essentials
Horizon Legacy
Ziwi Peak
Dr. Harvey's
Sojos - original formula only"
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:23 pm

That doesn't leave much left, does it? :eek:
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby turtle » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 am

The info from the Midas Touch Health sites is very interesting, thank you for posting it!
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 pm

turtle wrote:The info from the Midas Touch Health sites is very interesting, thank you for posting it!

Definitely! My friend keeps telling her to join Facebook and get the word out about the info she has gotten from the companies but she's a little old school :)

Apparently, he LOVES to talk food, so feel free to contact her :)
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Pitbull Lady I am very thankful for the info you posted
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby patty » Wed May 23, 2012 10:44 pm

patty
Forum Junky

Postby Murfins » Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Thank you for sharing that, Patty.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Another dog death blamed on dog treats...

Postby ChevellesMomma » Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 am

I plan on making jerky for my dogs as treats. I think they will love it!
ChevellesMomma
Adolescent Bully

Postby amelie » Thu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm not much of 'treat' giver. I can't even remember the last time I bought packaged treats for my dogs. I use their kibbles for training and treats around here are scraps from butchering goats or sheep, bones, hide, organs etc. Reading this is just reinforcement to me to not buy treats.
amelie
Matured Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues