Diarrhea & Lesions/Marks?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Diarrhea & Lesions/Marks?

Postby EmmaLove » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Just wanted to put these pics up and see if anyone recognizes marks like this and what they may be. I searched the forum and found similar things like possibly Ringworm or fly bites, but because Emma's are in weird places and are different sizes, I wondered if anyone has an idea as to what they could be.

She's also had diarrhea a few times over the last 3 weeks. Whether or not it's related, I have no idea. But I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll find out what's going on with her. But in the meantime of course I have to search online like crazy trying to find answers myself!

The diarrhea started on 6/30 and 7/1, poor thing had it explosively for those two days straight. I had just taken her to the river the day before and she gulped a lot of the water, so I thought maybe she got a bug that way. So I fasted her for a day, and then had her on boiled chicken and some canned pumpkin, which cleared things up. Then gradually back to her normal diet and she was fine. Then out of the blue on 7/11 she had diarrhea again. No trip to the river, and no change in diet. It was just her evening poop that night was a big runny mess. The next day she was fine. Then last night and this morning, diarrhea again! Poor thing. And today is when I also noticed these red marks. She rolls around in the grass and field of straw grass a lot lately becuase it has been super hot (90-100 every day). So it's probably just from a bug in the grass, or a heat rash, and maybe no relation to the poop issues at all. I have no idea.

But if it happens to look and sound familiar to anyone, please let me know! Thanks.

There's this one big red mark on her tummy (about the size of a nickel):

And here's a close up of it:

Then there's two smaller marks underneath her tail, right above her little butt (I censored that, to spare everyone her icky poop hole!):

And another small mark right by the outside of her ear:
EmmaLove
Matured Bully

Re: Diarrhea & Lesions/Marks?

Postby HappyPuppy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Wish I had some help. LOL at blacking out the bunghole pic lol
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Re: Diarrhea & Lesions/Marks?

Postby EmmaLove » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Lol, thanks HappyPuppy :)

The vet said the red marks are just big bites, thankfully not ringworm! And not related to the poop issues.

The poops were probably from drinking the river water, though she tested negative for giardia. But vet said it still could have initially been giardia or some parasite, and even after the parasite was gone her system may just have still been 'off' from it. So she's on meds to clear it up and hasn't had any more of the runs, hopefully it stays that way!
EmmaLove
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues