Sneezing and skull cracking

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Sneezing and skull cracking

Postby jomama12341 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

So Rusty has been fine since I got him. Even though he came with papers (both parents are blue ribbon UKC) he didn't have shot records. So on day 2 of owning him I took him to the vet. I got the usual skin scrapings,Stool sample and I told the vet the seller claims to have gotten Rusty his shots but didn't have records for the shots will it be ok to get them again? So we got his first set of vaccinations . Other than potty training everything is great until today.

I got up let the dogs out and after they relieved themselves I brought them in and few and watered then . I took them back out side waiting for them to do their business and a wave of diarrhea hit me I ran inside to the bathroom. I finished and brought the dogs in and ever since Rusty has been sneezing uncontrollably he hits his head on the ground hard every time he sneezes. After an hour I carried him into the shower. It was nice and steamy and I was holding him at chest level. I finished off his shower with luke warm water hitting his back . I dried him off thinking i had solved his problem. A few mins later the sneezes started again. I took him in the shower again and dried him off again and he fell asleep. Im scarred he can cause brain hemoraging or something. If he continues sneezing after his nap what can i do ?
jomama12341
Newborn Bully

Re: Sneezing and skull cracking

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Take him to the vet. It could be kennel cough or some other cold he just picked up. Or it could be allergies.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby jomama12341 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Thank you for the quick response
jomama12341
Newborn Bully

Postby BrokenAquarian » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Compulsive sneezing is often something lodged in the nose.

Around here(California) we have grass seed called "Fox Tails". They can poke in skin, eyes, between toes, up nostrils - pretty much anywhere on the dog. Because of the way they're shaped, they keep moving forward and cannot move backward. When a dog gets them, they almost always require a vet visit.
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues