possible cataracts?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

possible cataracts?

Postby r1balla » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:40 pm

Hey guys,my pit's name is roxy. she is about 7 months old, 37 pounds. Brief info, i feed her diamond naturals (i know, not the best choice. still trying to find a store that carries the good stuff around my area. dont wanna order online.) I built her a spring pole a few weeks ago for fun but that is not her main form of exercise. she either runs, swims, or walks daily along with the spring pole. anyways, i just have a quick question. I am concerned that she has cataracts. Her vision isnt as good as my golden retriever's is.... I got my pen light out the other day and shined it in her eyes in a dark room and her pupils constrict but there is a blue tint ONLY WHEN I SHINE THE PENLIGHT in her eye. In a normal light room, they are black. Should i go see a vet for this? her pupils constrict and dilate normally according to the lighting and her pupils are equally round and reactive to light. One of my friends who fosters dogs said thats normal but wanted to get more info on the forum. thanks guys. oh, ill post some pics up sometime soon. ;D
r1balla
Newborn Bully

Re: possible cataracts?

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 pm

If her vision is not as good as you think it should be, then yes, I would see a veterinarian. You may need to see an opthalmologist since her problem may or may not be a common one.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues