Dog Food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Dog Food

Postby bluesteel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 am

Hi im just wondering what everyone thinks about Kirkland brand dog food ?
bluesteel
Adolescent Bully

Re: Dog Food

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm

It's manufactured by Diamond. I'm not fond of Diamond foods anymore due to the frequent recalls and deaths caused by contaminations. Kirkland I believe is ONLY sold at Costco. It's seems to be a pretty good food, and many on the forum feed it/are satisfied with it. Me personally, I won't feed anything made by Diamond. I stick to smaller factories that do more testing on their products.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby randomroads » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:07 pm

I just started my dog on Kirkland since I can buy it cheaper than Diamond Naturals chicken and rice. I like it a lot. There were some recalls a year ago but I've not seen any of the business I've bought dog food from affected by them so I'm not worried.
randomroads
Matured Bully

Postby bluesteel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Curly_07 wrote:It's manufactured by Diamond. I'm not fond of Diamond foods anymore due to the frequent recalls and deaths caused by contaminations. Kirkland I believe is ONLY sold at Costco. It's seems to be a pretty good food, and many on the forum feed it/are satisfied with it. Me personally, I won't feed anything made by Diamond. I stick to smaller factories that do more testing on their products.

Thanks for the help
bluesteel
Adolescent Bully

Postby bluesteel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:33 pm

randomroads wrote:I just started my dog on Kirkland since I can buy it cheaper than Diamond Naturals chicken and rice. I like it a lot. There were some recalls a year ago but I've not seen any of the business I've bought dog food from affected by them so I'm not worried.

I started using is also and im not having any problems also
bluesteel
Adolescent Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:07 pm

It looked good on paper, but my dogs didn't do very well on it at all.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boo8mymoney » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:38 am

I am very picky what my dog eats. I feed her Natures's Variety LID Lamb It is the best food I have found on the market and yes... It will hurt your wallet. However, my almost 50lb dog eats about 1.5 -2 cups a day. It saves money in the long run and her health is well worth it.
You can go to their website and they will send you a coupon! I know petco has it on sale right now in my area. I saved $12 on a big bag :nana:
Boo8mymoney
Newborn Bully

Postby bluesteel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 am

Boo8mymoney wrote:I am very picky what my dog eats. I feed her Natures's Variety LID Lamb It is the best food I have found on the market and yes... It will hurt your wallet. However, my almost 50lb dog eats about 1.5 -2 cups a day. It saves money in the long run and her health is well worth it.
You can go to their website and they will send you a coupon! I know petco has it on sale right now in my area. I saved $12 on a big bag :nana:

Thanks for the help
bluesteel
Adolescent Bully

Postby Apbt4life » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Kirkland is better then pedigree and a lot of other foods, i like TOTW because of the quality and price.
Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues