Devastating News....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Devastating News....

Postby bully480 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:51 pm

We were supposed to bring our new baby home today, earlier this morning we received a call from the Humane Society, they said that what they first believed to be "Carpal Laxity" is in fact a severe broken leg (i'm still scratching my head on how the vet misdiagnosed this) apparently the first diagnosis was done by the Vet Asst. and when the regular Vet on duty did x-rayz they found that the bone had fused together and advised us to NOT bring him home. We are devastated, to say the least, now while I know that we are able to afford this baby, I'm not certain that we can afford costly vet bills.

After work today, the wife and I will be headed to the pound to find out if this can be corrected, if the pup is in pain, etc. I REALLY want to bring him home, and I can't see leaving him behind just because of this, but I want to get the specifics of what type of medical needs he will require and then ask for resources on lost cost vets in our area.

We haven't told the boys anything yet, as far as they are concerned their new baby "brother" will be home today. Please pray for us as we go to find out what will happen to our baby. And if anyone has any resource on where we can get affordable vet services in the Inland Empire (CA) it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
bully480
Newborn Bully

Re: Devastating News....

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 pm

If it's only one leh affected, then amputation is likely the only option. If the leg is healed incorrectly, he will be more comfortable and get around better without the bad leg.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: Devastating News....

Postby Red » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 am

Try to get a better understanding on what the damage is, if you can get some valid explanations. Pit Bull Rescue Central would help you with some of the vet bills. They can't cover everything but it is a start. You might be able to find a vet that gives you a special discount for a rescue puppy in those condition that was in shelter. Few do, but making phone calls does not hurt. Some vets do payment plants as well or you can apply for care credit. The pup won't make it out there with what the staff seems to think so make sure you really ask to speak to their vet. Sorry to hear.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues