Bump on the butt

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Bump on the butt

Postby jamezgt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Hey all,

Roxy (my 8.5 year old pitbull) has a bump on her butt, literally beside the tail. She's had it for a couple of years now and the vet said it should be fine aslong as it doesn't cause any discomfort or pain. The bump usually grows in size during specific seasons, and reduces in other seasons.

It is leaking some plasma/blood now whenever she sits down, and she does lick it from time to time. Does anybody have any recommendations on what I can do? I'm pretty sure if I goto the vet they'll tell me the same thing :[

Here's a picture of her :D

jamezgt
Newborn Bully

Re: Bump on the butt

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Does it have a smell to it? Is it in the anal sac area? Has she had them cleaned out lately? My vet cleans Curly's about every 6-9 months, as that's about how often they get full for her. If they aren't cleaned often enough, they can rupture the sac and cause infection. It sounds like your girl has an infection and needs an anibiotic with the fluid/puss, and blood description. I'd take her to the vet soon.

**DISCLAIMER** - I am NOT a vet, only speaking from experience with my personal dog, and from what my vet has told me.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby jamezgt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Curly_07 wrote:Does it have a smell to it? Is it in the anal sac area? Has she had them cleaned out lately? My vet cleans Curly's about every 6-9 months, as that's about how often they get full for her. If they aren't cleaned often enough, they can rupture the sac and cause infection. It sounds like your girl has an infection and needs an anibiotic with the fluid/puss, and blood description. I'd take her to the vet soon.

**DISCLAIMER** - I am NOT a vet, only speaking from experience with my personal dog, and from what my vet has told me.

There is no smell to it, and it looks like there may be some sort of puss or fluid inside the bump. It's not in the anal sac area, just a little to the side where the tail meets the body.

Thank you for the input :)
jamezgt
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Can you get a picture of it? I'd still be taking her to the vet, but I'd like to see what it looks like. It could also be a cyst...
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Even if it is benign, it's always easier to remove lumps while they are small and not infected. I would take her to your vet and ask if removal at this point would be appropriate since its starting to leak.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Health Issues