Slightly Swollen Lymph Nodes-When to worry?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Slightly Swollen Lymph Nodes-When to worry?

Postby Cherry » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 am

My new dog, Sophia, is about 3 years old. I've been working with her at a shelter as her handler for 1 1/2 years, and decided to foster her. That lasted about a month and we officially adopted her. :) She has no medical issues besides separation anxiety, and she is on Clomapramine for that. 100mg one day, 50mg the next. Well, I was petting her today, and I can feel her lymph nodes behind/underneath her jaw. They aren't visibly swollen, they just feel bigger than what they should. I can barely feel my other dog, Cherry's, at all. Sophia's are pronounced to the touch. Def going to schedule a vet visit. She isn't showing any symptoms, other than paw licking because she decided to mess her nails up awhile back by digging at the bottom of her kennel.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Slightly Swollen Lymph Nodes-When to worry?

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 am

I'm paranoid when it comes to swollen lymph nodes so I would worry right away and have them aspirated. It could be nothing but if it is something concerning, I'd want to know right away.

Keep us posted on what the vet says!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby pipersmom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 am

Right now! I know from experience, you don't want to wait when swollen lymphnodes are involved. God forbid, if it is something serious, like lymphoma, you want to know before she starts feeling bad. Hope it's nothing but for sure a trip to vet is needed.

Melissa
pipersmom
Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 am

How are things going with Sophia?
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 am

Sorry! I've been so busy with the shelter and school, I forgot to update! Vet said they are normal, they are just a little bit bigger in size than Cherry. He said he likes that I'm such a protective mom, but that I was being overparanoid. :) Rather be over than under!!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Health Issues