Geriatric Onset Laryngeal Paralysis

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Geriatric Onset Laryngeal Paralysis

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Great update!!!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Enigma » Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 am

Thanks!

Brina is doing great, her appetite is as good as always, her breathing improved tremendously and she's feeling good overall, we even went on a 15 minute walk. I made her a soft fleece harness because all of her other harnesses come up right below the stitches. I think it looks quite nice, hehe :)

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 am

What a cool idea!-the harness. Brina seems like the kind of dog that doesn't need a leash/collar/harness, but because you're a good owner you keep one on her-is that true?

I'm glad to hear she's doing better. That video of her at the vet brought tears to my eyes-you had to be SO scared. (and her too) How lucky she is to have you be a part of her life! :hug:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Enigma » Wed May 01, 2013 9:25 am

jamielvsaustin wrote:What a cool idea!-the harness. Brina seems like the kind of dog that doesn't need a leash/collar/harness, but because you're a good owner you keep one on her-is that true?
Exactly :) Brina doesn't leave my side, ever, I can walk her offleash anywhere. But we have leash laws and some very paranoid people in my neighbourhood who would report me in a minute if they saw me walking her offleash, even if she can barely walk around and doesn't care about people, dogs or other animals around her. So I made her a harness she can actually wear right now :)
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby HappyPuppy » Wed May 01, 2013 10:29 am

I hope it's a good fix! Yes - good emergency harness! :thumbsup: It was scary to see her laboring to breathe in your vid!
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Wed May 01, 2013 10:50 am

HappyPuppy wrote:It was scary to see her laboring to breathe in your vid!
It was the scariest thing I ever experienced, I was absolutely sure Brina will suffocate right in front of me, you could see her being scared and confused, not knowing why the hell is she unable to breathe, her tounge was turning blue on the way to the vet clinic... Thank god my mom was home, she kept he cool through this. I completely broke down, I really thought I was losing her.

I'm so grateful I have my family... My mom who is helping me take care of Brina, she carried her up and down stairs for two days because I was unable to... My brother who dropped everything and came to drive us to the emergency vet on a saturday at midnight... And my sister who came back from her vacation on monday so she could drive me to the vet clinic where the surgery was done, she also lend me the money to pay for it as I'm still recovering from Brina's other vet bills we've had this year...I don't know what I would do without them :hug:
Enigma
Forum Junky

Previous

Return to Health Issues