Rash broke out!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Rash broke out!

Postby MeganM622 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:27 pm

A little back story before I get into the current issue. Tank has only broke out in this rash once before, the first week we had him at 11 weeks old. Thankfully the day he got the rash he was going to the vet and it was looked at. Come to find out it was from the grass. I know that pits have many skin issues, this being on of them. So Tank is allergic to the grass.

Where we live Tank only has the front yard to go to the bathroom. We are never out there long, so we make sure he is taken on walks everyday and go to the park ALL the time to burn the energy. Since the only time spent outside is meant for moving around and not relaxing we haven't had the rash problem (other then a tiny tiny bit here or there).

Recently we house/dog sat for my mother in law and the dogs spent a lot of time outside playing. Not thinking (because it hasnt been a problem recently to be on our minds) we allowed him outside longer then normal. After a few days we got home and noticed the break out. Much worse then it has ever been. I made sure to snap a picture in case it was gone before the vet could see it.

Once in at the vets he was looked over and of course the rash was gone. When I showed him the picture all he could say was "oh yeah he came into contact with something". I asked when I could do about it if it happened again or if there is anything to prevent it other then keeping him away from grass (mostly not allowing him to lay down in it). He gave me no advice. He says as long as he is healthy other wise it is ok. This is the first time i am rather frustrated at my vet.

Can anyone please give some advice or if you deal with the same issues. Is there anything I could maybe put on his skin if this happens again? I would really like to be prepared.

Also an added note...He also ingested some grass. Normally we discourage this because of his issues and already have a very sensitive stomach (needing to be on basic formula food).

There is a picture below. Warning this is a underside picture....

MeganM622
Newborn Bully

Re: Rash broke out!

Postby dogs4jen » Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 pm

You could try giving him a Benadryl if he gets it again. Austin gets that too sometimes.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 am

I have a spray from my vet that helps super fast, it's called gentocin, and mine get loratadine daily.
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby MeganM622 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks for the suggestion!
MeganM622
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues