So it may seem obvious that an asthma inhaler is not a good idea for your dog to chew on, but most people do not realize how much of a bad idea it is. My girl got ahold of one the other day and we ended up having an all night emergency vet visit, I figured after that I should put a general warning out where I can. It IS life threatening. Some inhalers don't have as high of an amount of drugs in them, but a lot do, which is highly toxic to your pooch. It increases their heart rate severely. Lucky, I got mine to the vet fast enough that she was OK. However, they can die from it. Five days before another dog had come into my vet with the same problems, but he's not doing as well. Like I said, it may seem obvious, but for the most part people do not realize the full potential of what could happen. Keep your babies safe!!!