Any home remedies for uti?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Any home remedies for uti?

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:42 pm

I think Susie has got a uti, on Saturday night of course. Are there any home remedies I could try to help her until either Monday or the e vet tomorrow?
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Re: Any home remedies for uti?

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:07 pm

If it's a mild case, you can give pure cranberry on the food (I get the capsules so I can open them to sprinkle on the food), or if she will drink it you can give about a glass of cranberry juice. Also apple cider venigar helps. I usually put a teaspoon full in 3 cups of water and mine will drink it, or if you prefer you can pour the teaspoon on her food. Make sure she has access to plenty of water, the more she drinks the better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks! I have the vinegar, I will try giving her some right now. I will try to get some cranberry tomorrow. I don't know if it's mild or not, she has been wanting to go out about every ten minutes and has thrown up a bunch of grass that she ate on our hike today. She's been acting a bit funny the last couple of days and I've been thinking I should take her in for a checkup, but now I know for sure something's the matter.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:26 am

When she pees is it really dark yellow or have blood in it? Does it smell really bad? If you haven't got that horrible smell or blood yet then it isn't super bad...yet. The stuff I mentioned works well with a mild or severe case and can be given with medication to help, but you'll only see it help the quickest in mild cases. Your vet will probably perscribe Baytril or Clavimox. More than likely Clav if this isn't a recurring thing for you. Both are really good, Baytril is just much stronger.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:27 am

*Clavamox...

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby dogs4jen » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm

She seems to be doing better. I gave her the vinegar last night and got the cranberry today, and she's not asking to go out every ten minutes anymore. I will still call the vet tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:01 pm

No prob! Been thru that way too many times the last 3 yrs and that usually would hold Lady Bug over til an appointment for something stronger to fully knock out the infection.

Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Health Issues