Orthopedic Vet/Surgeon Recommendations in Portland?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Orthopedic Vet/Surgeon Recommendations in Portland?

Postby Ntchwaidumela » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello Fellow PBF Members-

So something I've always dreaded may have happen.

Several weeks ago, Jake lost his traction on our wood floor and slipped. Since then he sometimes would limp on his left back leg for a couple of steps and be normal. We took him to our vet and he said give him some bed rest with some anti-inflammatory pills. It helped a bit but I still see him favor his leg every now and then.

I would like to take him to a orthopedic to get him look at here in the Portland, Oregon area. My question is, can you folks point me in who to see and after reading some of the threads here on ccl tears, this "tightrope" surgery seems interesting, but I want my boy to see a good vet.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated :bowdown:

Happy Holidays, :nana:
N
Ntchwaidumela
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Orthopedic Vet/Surgeon Recommendations in Portland?

Postby dogs4jen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Oh, bummer. :(
I hope you can get him fixed up.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Savage Destiny » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:23 am

I CANNOT think of the name of the ortho very who fixed Riddle's elbows. My ortho vet here in Bend, who did Riddle's knees, recommended him for her elbows and he came down from Portland to do it. He did an amazing job on her elbows. I'm on my phone now, but when I can check my email on my computer I'll look up his name. I'm fairly certain it was Tim McArthur or something like that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Savage Destiny » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:32 pm

So it WAS Tim McCarthy, although my phone apparently corrected it to McArthur. lol

He was really great. I only met him a couple times, for the initial consult and then on the actual surgery day, but was very impressed. I was also inclined to trust him because not only does Riddle's ortho vet love him, our regular vet used to work with him and had nothing but good things to say. He did an amazing job on Riddle's elbows, he apparently really pioneered the procedure he did on them.

This is the clinic he works at in Portland, although it appears you'd have to get a referral to go there.

http://www.cascadevrc.com/

I don't know if he's the best Portland's got, but he sure did a great job with Riddle. Worst comes to worst, I'd say drive on down to Bend and talk to Mark Parchman. He did both Riddle's knees and is absolutely amazing. I would never go anywhere else for ortho issues unless he refers me like he did with Dr. McCarthy.
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ntchwaidumela » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Hiya SD-

After doing some research of my own here in the Rose City, Cascade Vet Referral Center came up quite a bit, but with your recommendation I will ask my vet if he could refer me to them to take a look at Jake.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Dogs4jen-

Yes, me too.

N
Ntchwaidumela
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Return to Health Issues