pet peeve about parasite prevention

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

pet peeve about parasite prevention

Postby taurustendency » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Every year when it's time to resupply, I go through this. But this year I'm gonna rant about it, in hopes that some of you veterinary peeps might have some advice.

Choosing products have become so frustrating. If we can put monkeys in space, make birth control for our pets, make biochemically safe chips to inject into your pets... you would think they could manage an "all in one" prevention by now!? This product offers this this this, but not that. While another product treats that that that but not this. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just buy these treatments individually so you can supplement whatever is left out. But that's not an option. And neither is treating with two multi-products for waste of money, risk of overdose, or drug interaction.

So for me, this year's dilemma is a toss up between a multi that excludes whipworms, or a multi that excludes tapeworm. Whipworms, being far more serious, but not as common. Or tapeworm that are very common, but more annoying than deadly. I realize you can find single use tapeworm treatment for individual for sale, but it isn't a preventative. There's only one monthly pill that includes tapeworm, but it doesn't cover whipworms.

So, something is always being missed out on. Hmmmm.
Thanks for listening to me rant...I just hate going through this every 6 months to a year.
taurustendency
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues