Has anyone used this food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Has anyone used this food?

Postby molucass » Wed May 05, 2004 10:46 am

Felony stopped eating the food I was giving him, so I wanted to try something different. I had a coupon for a free 7 lb. bag of food from Petco, and got this. It's formulated for "large breed puppies", so I thought I would try it out to see how he likes it.

Has anyone used it, and is it a good food?
molucass
Forum Junky

Postby mnp13 » Wed May 05, 2004 11:55 am

I use Royal Canin, I think it is great and Ruby, Connor and my cats do very well on it. I have never used the puppy food though, as I have never had a puppy.

Definately worth a try, especially for free! Don't forget to mix it with your old food for a while, or the results are less-than-pleasant.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby damienApbt » Wed May 05, 2004 12:37 pm

yeah definitely ease felony into the new food. or else you'll have mud butt on your hands and he'll be spray painting the sidewalks in no time.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby yuk237 » Wed May 05, 2004 2:16 pm

I recently just started using that food to. My dog really seams to like it.
yuk237

Postby molucass » Wed May 05, 2004 2:25 pm

How do I switch to it gradually off his other food? He has completely stopped eating the other food... he refuses. :sad: Earlier he took out the pieces of the other food, and put it on the floor, and then ate the new stuff.... I don't know why he won't eat it anymore...
molucass
Forum Junky

Postby 02buster » Wed May 05, 2004 2:45 pm

he will eat when he gets hungry. feed 2 times a day(for puppie) put the bowl down for 15 min if he doesn't eat it pic it up. dont feed again till the next feeding time. if he doens't eat it in 15 min pick it up wait till the next feeding time put bowl down. IT WILL BE GONE IN 15 MIN. if not pick it up and put it down at the next feeding time.

i would go get anotehr small bag of the old food. make him eat it and then slowly start mixing the new food in with the old food.
02buster

Postby mad4bullies » Fri May 07, 2004 9:25 pm

Ive always fed my dogs on royal canin. They love it. And theyve grow nice on it too. Lots of good calories and plenty meat protein.. :thumbsup:
mad4bullies

Postby barbponys » Sat May 08, 2004 11:52 am

I guess I'm the odd man out here. I'm not a fan of Royal Canin. My main objection to the company is that they use corn, grain fractions, beet pulp, brewing by-products, rice hulls, Zeolite(a component of cat litter), and they supplement more than some other foods. If it's the best available in your area that's cool, just be aware there are better foods out there.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby abman » Sat May 08, 2004 1:46 pm

You should try the royal canin natural blend. Its much better than their regular formulas.
abman
Matured Bully

Postby barbponys » Sun May 09, 2004 12:49 pm

I guess I don't trust the company much either. We used to carry the food but quite after they changed their formulas 4 times in a year. They kept adding "new and improved" formulas with new names but no changes, maybe one ingredient. We would get tired of it and so did the customers. It's hard to make room for 25 formulas and all the replacements.

If it works for those that feed it, good. I'm glad there's a better food out there that can be found.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues