Can i feed my pup canidae?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
tertanni

Can i feed my pup canidae?

Postby tertanni » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:33 pm

She is currently on Pedigree, I know, i know. That is what she was being fed when i got here and i didnt know what elsed to give here that would be better. she is 9 weeks old. any info would be great. thanks. i have read a lot of the search links already.

Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Motodiva » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:11 pm

Feeding a puppy Canidae is perfectly fine.

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:38 pm

ditto. I use Canidae, it's wonderful!

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:24 pm

Yes, so-called "puppy food" is just a marketing gimmick. Too much protein can make your pup grow too fast which causes other problems.

Canidae "all stages" adult food is one of the best kibbles out there and I would feed it to a pup if I had one!

gypsydog

Postby gypsydog » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:01 pm

I will tell you about canidae!!!

They sell products that make your dogs extremely sick and then do not stand behind their product with any customer support when you show concern that they might have had a bad batch in a concerned manner and not a hostile one. They are too good for my business.

I may sound a little harsh but I will spread negativity about them always. Their food made my dogs sick, when I asked the store where I bought it from what to do, they said to call the company. When I called the company they told me their food couldnt do that, end of story.

For the record, my 2 dogs at the time did not seem to want to eat it but I am stubborn so I left no other food out for them so they had to eat it. They began to puke and diahhrea uncontrollably all over the house. After a a few days of this I became really concerned and stopped feeding it to them. Within 24 hours they were back to normal. I did switch cold turkey, BUT that should never have been a reaction. I should have known when they didnt want to eat it. I assume it was moldy or something. Regardless, with the customer support I got it is obvious they have too many customers to worry about loosing my business.

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:43 pm

wow....that sucks! but um....my dogs have all been on it for a long while now, and they are doing wonderfully!!!!! bad batch maybe??????

kernel scurry

Postby kernel scurry » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:53 pm

Thats what I feed Mystique. :)

tommyt
Newborn Bully

canidae

Postby tommyt » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:54 pm

I feed my pup Canidae and I can not keep weight on him. He has access to food at all times and he stays skinny. I am considering Innova Evo because he gets at least an hour of running a day. On average he gets 2.

JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:35 pm

My dogs have done extremely well on Canidae and they L-O-V-E, LOVE it! Depends on the dog...sounds like you had a bad experience my friend. Just remember that people are flawed and perhaps the person you were dealing with had a bad day. Don't write off a company that actually does make good quality food because some jackass wouldn't work with you.

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:44 pm

Tully has eaten Canidae since she was weaned. Elmo has eaten Canidae since I got Tully. They both thrive on it!

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Yeah, sounds like a bad batch of Canidae and a bad company rep on the phone!

I'd still say it's a good food. There are other good ones as well, just do some reading in this section. Timberwolf, Nature's Variety Prairie, Innova, CA Natural, Wellness, those are all top kibbles...

gypsydog

Postby gypsydog » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:36 pm

read above, may have been a bad batch, but if their customer service is so rude, then I am too much of a commoner for them.

abman
Matured Bully

Postby abman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:15 am

Foods like innova and canidae overall seem to be good quality foods. However, when something does go wrong with their foods they seem to disregard it. Innova had mold problems a few years ago but they never admit it.

Kerosene

Postby Kerosene » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:16 pm

I started feeding Esther Wellness Dog Food at about 3 months age. Puppy food only adds a little extra protein and fat. From what I heard puppy food can make your dog grow to fast and they may develop joint problems. And regular food doesnt hurt so its better safe than sorry.

Return to “Health Issues”