An Egg a Day!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
dopeychristy

An Egg a Day!

Postby dopeychristy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:01 pm

One raw egg a day mixed in the food makes the coat super shiny. :)

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:08 pm

We thought one a week was about right. I guess I'm thinking like a human.
Do you feed the egg-shell too?

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:11 pm

Chris wrote:We thought one a week was about right. I guess I'm thinking like a human.
Do you feed the egg-shell too?



Well I'm sure one a week is fine but I give them one everyday. I don't think it really matters. The shells I rarely put in. I can't get past how much it grosses me out to eat an egg shell. lol

pinion

Postby pinion » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:15 pm

I feed 1 raw egg a week, but I don't give him the egg white.

I just crush up the egg shell really fine, it almost turns into a powder.

clostoyo

Postby clostoyo » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:10 pm

I give my male one egg 3x a week, i think an egg a day is a little much, i give with shell and all, he loves it and gets him alot off muscle tone with beautiful skin! :headbang:

pitbull_love

Postby pitbull_love » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:13 pm

It's not bad for them to do that? Do they like it?

User avatar
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4206
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:00 am

Postby satanscheerleader » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:23 pm

I give eggs as a treat and I just hand them the whole raw egg and they run off with it and break it open themselves. I usually have to throw it on the ground for the new fosters so they clue into what it is. Daisy wasn't so impressed with the whole concept but Deeohgee gobbled it up!

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:36 pm

pitbull_love wrote:It's not bad for them to do that? Do they like it?



No, eggs are good for them. Eggs are high in protein and that is good for them. I'm not sure if you could over do it or not. I give one egg per day per dog and they all seem to be fine. Their coats are so shiny. They almost looked oiled.

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:38 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:I give eggs as a treat and I just hand them the whole raw egg and they run off with it and break it open themselves. I usually have to throw it on the ground for the new fosters so they clue into what it is. Daisy wasn't so impressed with the whole concept but Deeohgee gobbled it up!



We have a deeohgee here too lol


And I thought that was so clever and unique!

mnp13

Postby mnp13 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:39 pm

Raw eggs have lots of great stuff in them and the shells are good for roughage and calcium. I think one a day is a little much though, I'd cut it back to every other day...

clostoyo

Postby clostoyo » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:40 pm

thats what i say :thumbsup:

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:45 pm

mnp13 wrote:Raw eggs have lots of great stuff in them and the shells are good for roughage and calcium. I think one a day is a little much though, I'd cut it back to every other day...



Well for Janie who I am trying to put weight on, I'll keep at the one a day for awhile. She is super skinny and can use help there. But I will take your advice for Zeus because he is getting a bit hefty lol

User avatar
Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Contact:

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:47 pm

I give the husky an egg a day, too. I wouldn't say it has more shine, but it's certainly thicker. :)

mnp13

Postby mnp13 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:53 pm

dopeychristy wrote:
mnp13 wrote:Raw eggs have lots of great stuff in them and the shells are good for roughage and calcium. I think one a day is a little much though, I'd cut it back to every other day...



Well for Janie who I am trying to put weight on, I'll keep at the one a day for awhile. She is super skinny and can use help there. But I will take your advice for Zeus because he is getting a bit hefty lol


I'd do whole milk natural yogurt for weight gain before I'd do eggs every day. Maybe alternate them? there are 'bad' things in eggs as well, that's my only concern with an egg every day.

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:56 pm

mnp13 wrote:
dopeychristy wrote:
mnp13 wrote:Raw eggs have lots of great stuff in them and the shells are good for roughage and calcium. I think one a day is a little much though, I'd cut it back to every other day...



Well for Janie who I am trying to put weight on, I'll keep at the one a day for awhile. She is super skinny and can use help there. But I will take your advice for Zeus because he is getting a bit hefty lol


I'd do whole milk natural yogurt for weight gain before I'd do eggs every day. Maybe alternate them? there are 'bad' things in eggs as well, that's my only concern with an egg every day.



Oh really? I never knew that. I also do the whole milk plain yogurt and I sometimes sprinkle oats over her food but I can cut the egg down to three times a week or something.


Return to “Health Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests