Panting After Heartworm treatment

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
dopeychristy

Panting After Heartworm treatment

Postby dopeychristy » Mon May 09, 2005 4:44 pm

Is this normal? She is panting quite a bit.

Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Mon May 09, 2005 4:48 pm

I don't know the answer to that, but I just wanted to send some more well wishes Janey's way. :pray

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Mon May 09, 2005 4:49 pm

Thank you :)

The vet said she may breathe a little harder and not to worry but to watch for coughing or what looks like choking. I'm just on pins and needles here with her!

Salival
Super Bully

Postby Salival » Mon May 09, 2005 5:07 pm

It is normal from what I have seen and heard. Just make sure to keep an eye on her. If she seems to really be struggling or whining follow your instincts on that, as you know her best. But panting is normal.

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Tue May 10, 2005 7:46 am

OK We are awake this morning and doing much better. She finally went into a deep sleep at like 3AM and stopped panting. She ate this morning which is a good sign. We are getting ready to take her in for round two of the shots. I hope tonight is better than last night.

Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Tue May 10, 2005 8:11 am

Aww... Good luck, Janey... I hope you start to feel better soon!

GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby GreddysAngel » Tue May 10, 2005 8:33 am

Sending good thoughts ur way!!!

How many rounds does she have to go through?

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Tue May 10, 2005 8:58 am

She has to go through two rounds. Today is her last shot. I'm not sure what happens after this. She might need to do something in one month. I can't remember exactly.

The doctor listened to her lungs and checked her gums and says she is doing great so I shouldn't worry. I'm happy about that. Now if we can just get through todays shots then it should be OK from here.

Everyone at the vets office says that Janey is my dog now and that I am the last to see it. How am I gonna give this girl up?

gypsydog

Postby gypsydog » Wed May 18, 2005 5:04 pm

I guess I missed this one, but do you not keep your dogs on monthly heartworm medicine? This is one item, that I am sure outweighs the negatives. Just stay away fromt he 6-month shot if you are overly worried about the high dosaging.

How is the doggie doing now as well? Full-recovery we all hope.

Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Wed May 18, 2005 5:05 pm

gypsydog wrote:I guess I missed this one, but do you not keep your dogs on monthly heartworm medicine? This is one item, that I am sure outweighs the negatives. Just stay away fromt he 6-month shot if you are overly worried about the high dosaging.

How is the doggie doing now as well? Full-recovery we all hope.

This is a rescue dog that came to her HW+

gypsydog

Postby gypsydog » Thu May 19, 2005 11:24 am

Aww, poor guy. I havent been keeping up as much lately and I missed that thread. Hope he makes it through okay. My neighbors dog got HW's one time and he had a rough go of it but made a full recovery.

K9Siren

Postby K9Siren » Thu May 19, 2005 4:06 pm

A bit of panting is o.k. Lucy panted a little bit at firt. Just watch for coughing and hard, labored breathing... and excuse typos, I'm typing one handed and holding ice on my face roflmao

Return to “Health Issues”