any good kong recipies

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
bullymommy

any good kong recipies

Postby bullymommy » Thu May 12, 2005 12:26 am

hey guys i got hannah a kong and have been experimenting with fillers and wondering if you guys have found a good one that you like that you wanna share.
the one that i did tonight was
1 cooked (i bbqed mine) hamburger patty chopped
peanut butter and kibble
squished down
3 large kong cookies and peanut butter on top
i have the king kong so of course youll have to experiment with amounts if yours is smaller.
also hannah love the kong ball the one that you can put the squirty stuff in ridges on the outside she think that is the coolest
her fav toy right now though is a plush squeekie jack in the box she thinks the clown is her personal mouth toy which of course it is!

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Thu May 12, 2005 12:33 am

damn, the search is still buggered. There was a long thread on this a while ago. When Kaz straightens us out I'll find it. I gave up on Kongs as my dogs shred them. the people at Kong were so amazingly nice and helpfulthat i began to feel bad about sending them in for warreny. They sent me a check for the cost and a new large long like i had and a new Xl. :headbang:

I used to use bananna, peanut butter and kibble in layers and then freeze the whole thing to try to get a little more time out of them.

bullymommy

Postby bullymommy » Thu May 12, 2005 1:21 am

yeah i searched for it before i posted but i couldnt find anything. i even went onto the kong website and there were a few but not many so i just put one together off the top of my head.

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Thu May 12, 2005 7:32 am

I have to be careful what I put in their kongs...they get the filling everywhere!peanut butter smeared everywhere....yegh!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu May 12, 2005 10:21 am

I don't have the link anymore, but if you go to the kong web site, they have a gazillion kong recipes! :)

clostoyo

Postby clostoyo » Thu May 12, 2005 10:27 am

bullymommy

Postby bullymommy » Thu May 12, 2005 12:05 pm

thanks for the link but its been removed :( im sure that i will find some good recipies. havent had peanut butter smeared everywhere yet she keeps her kong near by her when theres stuff in it so she usually attacks it on her bed.

clostoyo

Postby clostoyo » Thu May 12, 2005 12:09 pm

tipe it in to the address bar manually:

clostoyo

Postby clostoyo » Thu May 12, 2005 12:13 pm

Try this www.takingthelead.co.uk/index.htm then go to kong stuffing on your right hand side, hope it works.

bullymommy

Postby bullymommy » Thu May 12, 2005 12:31 pm

clostoyo that worked thanks a bunch some of those are from the kong website to.
i just want to see what every one does with their kong to get more ideas for ms hannah :peace:

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Thu May 12, 2005 1:23 pm

I am always experimenting with kong recipes! Most of mine are something mashed up w/ plain organic yogurt (low fat). Then I freeze it, it lasts longer.
Today Vicki had liverwurst and yogurt. (liverwurst yogurt!)
I mash bananas and yogurt...banana yogurt!
Apple/raspberry sauce (I get the all natural kind w/no added sugar) and yogurt.
Apricot sauce and yogurt.
I will boil chicken liver and mash it w/yogurt.
Raw almond butter and yogurt.
I used to make layered kongs, but too much work as my dogs get them every day. My favorite layered recipe was (from top to bottom) plug little hole w/cheese or peanut butter (non sugared) Some kind of tasty meat morsels as the next layer. After that, crumbled cheese crackers or cheerios. Next layer softened liverwurst or melted cheese. Last layer wet dog food or canned tuna or salmon. I would stick some kind of biscuit of fat stick pretzel (unsalted) to get them started.

clostoyo

Postby clostoyo » Thu May 12, 2005 1:24 pm

I put peanut butter in my dogs kong they love it and its fun watching the eat it :headbang: try to use the peanut butter with the less sugar.

Return to “Health Issues”