Gross girl dog business question....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
moto1320

Gross girl dog business question....

Postby moto1320 » Fri May 13, 2005 9:26 pm

Yuk...ok here goes. So I turn around the other day and Daisy is bouncing around trying to catch her own ass. I go to investigate and there is this long snot like thing hanging from her girl stuff. I wince and clean her up and have no idea what the hell this is, really viscous gross whatever. So she licked for a couple of days ocassionally but a little more than average cleaning, and nothing else. There was some small amounts of the same discharge sometimes when she sat down over this time.

She seemed to be in no discomfort and her she was happy and bouncy, no changes in anything else.So, I figured I would wait until I got paid a few days later to take her into the vet to have it checked out. Now she is fine, no symptoms. Should I still take her, does anyone know what the hell this was? My mother hen tendencies to rush my pups off if they sneeze has probably financed a new wing on my vets house...so I am trying to give things a touch more time these days since at least 75% of my visits have ended in nothing being wrong or nothing that wouldn't have taken care of itself.

hookilau

Postby hookilau » Fri May 13, 2005 9:32 pm

Has she been spayed or is she intact and how old is she?

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Fri May 13, 2005 9:35 pm

Sounds like she might have a UTI, or some other type of nasty growing. It certainly isn't a bad idea to get a urine sample and take that in for it to be looked at.

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Fri May 13, 2005 9:51 pm

Hookilau, She is spayed and has been since about 9 months she is about 2 now to the best of my knowledge.

Pat, Daisy has had several UTI'S which the first sign off usually is when she has accidents in the house. Never any physical symptoms other than being a little lethargic. I haven't had problems with her getting them in quite some time now since I upped her extremely low fluid intake by adding water in her kibble things have been OK. She still doesn't drink anywhere hear as much water as I wish she would.

diesel

Postby diesel » Fri May 13, 2005 9:59 pm

[quote="moto1320"]Hookilau, She is spayed and has been since about 9 months she is about 2 now to the best of my knowledge.

Pat, Daisy has had several UTI'S which the first sign off usually is when she has accidents in the house. Never any physical symptoms other than being a little lethargic. I haven't had problems with her getting them in quite some time now since I upped her extremely low fluid intake by adding water in her kibble things have been OK. She still doesn't drink anywhere hear as much water as I wish she would.[/quote]

happy_pitbull

Postby happy_pitbull » Fri May 13, 2005 10:27 pm

Sounds like puss or the like. Having done some volunteer work in a vet clinic back in my university days, I have seen the same kinda stuff, but in un-spayed females. Even though she is spayed I would definitley take her to the vet as soon as you can, as it could be a sign of a infection or worse, cancer. Not to scare you, because it could be nothing, but better safe than sorry, and the earlier things are diagnosed the better.

Good luck and do keep us posted.....

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Sat May 14, 2005 9:27 am

Personally, if the discharge is gone, I would wait and see. She could have had a mild vaginal infection that cleared itself up. I'm no vet, though, that's just what I'd do if it were my own dog.

whiskeyman

Postby whiskeyman » Sat May 14, 2005 9:39 am

Is it dark or light in color? Is it thinck enough to hwere it just hangs instead of drips?

Dixie has had a few vaginal infections over the years and twice there have been a viscous dark discharge that just hung there waiting for her or me to clean it off.

I would probably take a urine sample to the vet

jeremy

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Sat May 14, 2005 7:52 pm

Thanks guys.

Jer, it was the consistency and appearence of snot, green but parts of it were clear. Whoo boy. At any rate, still no symptoms since. It is nagging at me but as I said, I have wasted a ton at the vet because I run them there for any little thing on top of checkups about every 3-6 months. mucho dinero...

Return to “Health Issues”