frontline plus vs. advantage

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
bullymommy

frontline plus vs. advantage

Postby bullymommy » Thu May 19, 2005 1:12 am

hey guys we just put hannah and our cats on frontline plus. and i was just wondering which one you prefer?

hookilau

Postby hookilau » Thu May 19, 2005 1:24 am

don't now about advantage but frontline plus is supposed to break the life cycle of fleas by killing the eggs and adult fleas.

Just came back from a presentation dinner (from work) for Revolution and was told that Revolution is the only product that will kill eggs, adults, and larvae...if I remember correctly, there is no product effective against pupae.

They're offering a free dose on the website (pfizer)....might be worth checking out.

Peerless
Matured Bully

Postby Peerless » Thu May 19, 2005 7:43 am

not sure which is better but our vet recommends, so we use, Frontline Plus. i'll let you know after the summer how it works. we live in VA so it will be a true test. (this is Peerless's first summer and our first dog)

SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby SKoth » Thu May 19, 2005 8:15 am

The simplest difference is that Advantage does not protect against ticks while Frontline does.

Jo-RavensMommy

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Thu May 19, 2005 8:42 am

Here's a link to the PDF for the coupon for the free dose...http://www.revolution4dogs.com/images/59713_Relizon.pdf

horseycow

Postby horseycow » Thu May 19, 2005 9:37 am

i use biospot. it suppose to do what frontline does and it also suppose to repel mosquitoes (which would be the cause of heartworms). it's also a whole lot cheaper.

Peerless
Matured Bully

Postby Peerless » Thu May 19, 2005 9:44 am

horseycow wrote:i use biospot. it suppose to do what frontline does and it also suppose to repel mosquitoes (which would be the cause of heartworms). it's also a whole lot cheaper.

i'm interested! it repels mosquitoes?!?! that would be very convenient cause we have a ton of mosquitoes in our area. how much is it? and how often do you have to apply? and is it applied the same way as frontline?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu May 19, 2005 10:07 am

Biospot never worked when i used it?
I use Frontline Plus, have a severe tick problem on this farm.
Jsut got my FREE dose too!

Peerless
Matured Bully

Postby Peerless » Thu May 19, 2005 11:25 am

pblove wrote:Biospot never worked when i used it?
I use Frontline Plus, have a severe tick problem on this farm.
Jsut got my FREE dose too!

that's good to know. do you know of anything that helps with mosquitoes? we got them really bad in NOVA. well, at least where we walk Peerless. he has a whelp on his back now that i think is a mosquito or spider bit. i can still lift his skin because he is just a pup with loose coat and i'm sure it just on his skin and he doesn't mind at all when you poke or push on it. we noticed it on monday and it got big (about the size of a dime) and then since has started to shrink. i think that it is just a bug bit of some sort. is that common? any info is appreciated.

rosiegirl

Postby rosiegirl » Thu May 19, 2005 11:54 am

Rosie gets red swollen welts from mosquitos, we got a lot of them here in Minnesota. If the 'squito's are real bad I will spray her with some mosquito spray that doesn't contain DEET. It helps, but she still gets bites.

I use the frontline for flea/tick and interceptor for heartworm.

Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Contessa63 » Fri May 20, 2005 11:21 pm

I use Frontline plus on my cats. Works great! :thumbsup:

dixieandbacon

Postby dixieandbacon » Fri May 20, 2005 11:39 pm

allways had good results with frontline plus. cheapest place i found it is www.drsfosterandsmith.com check it out if you find it somewhere else cheaper let me know

Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Fri May 20, 2005 11:42 pm

I use frontline plus on my 4 dogs and 3 cats and it lasts three months for us. We give them a dose in early march, and then we re-dose them in early May. If the flea/tick problem is <i>really</i> bad, we give em a dose in early September.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat May 21, 2005 7:42 am

peerless,
I feed the dogs garlic during flea/tick months, although had ticks all through the wnter last witner!
I also have some natrual spray that I got online, will have to find it later, as it will be a hunt for the source, but you can do a search for "natural flea or tick or misquitos repellent too."

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sat May 21, 2005 7:46 am

There is a product that Avon makes called "Skin So Soft' It is a bath oil. If you put like a cap full of that in a bucket of water and then use it kind of like a dip it does help repell mosquitos.

Return to “Health Issues”