frontline plus vs. advantage

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat May 21, 2005 8:21 am

dopeychristy wrote:There is a product that Avon makes called "Skin So Soft' It is a bath oil. If you put like a cap full of that in a bucket of water and then use it kind of like a dip it does help repell mosquitos.

I have used that on the horses too
christy! does a good job for the flie repelling.

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sat May 21, 2005 8:23 am

pblove wrote:
dopeychristy wrote:There is a product that Avon makes called "Skin So Soft' It is a bath oil. If you put like a cap full of that in a bucket of water and then use it kind of like a dip it does help repell mosquitos.

I have used that on the horses too
christy! does a good job for the flie repelling.

It also works to repell mosquitos on people. It smells great too. Your dog will smell awesome all week with this stuff. I wouldn't suggest using it in place of the other stuff but it is a nice addition. :)

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat May 21, 2005 7:13 pm

I hate the way it smells, so it will never be on my dogs. roflmao

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Sat May 21, 2005 8:57 pm

I use K9 Advantix. My vet says it one of the best. We actually like it better than Frontline; it seems to last longer and works great. :run:

Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Sat May 21, 2005 9:10 pm

My aunt uses this on her horses to keep the flies off.

twobully

Postby twobully » Sun May 22, 2005 4:41 pm

"pblove"---What type of natural spray do you use?? Thanks.

dopeychristy

Postby dopeychristy » Sun May 22, 2005 6:29 pm

pblove wrote:I hate the way it smells, so it will never be on my dogs. roflmao

Really? I like it. Go figure. lol

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon May 23, 2005 8:37 am

twobully wrote:"pblove"---What type of natural spray do you use?? Thanks.

I have to find the link, but have two bottles from last order, It is by "Nature's Way", it is all natural stuff, like garlic, vinegar, citrus oils, eucalyptus oil.
You can also wet a wsh cloth with white vinegar and rub it all over your dog, as soon as it dries, the smell leaves and the insects are not too fond of it.
I also, feed garlic every other day in summer months.
I use the minced in the jar.
50 pound dog 1/4 teaspoon
26 pounds dog gets 1/8 teaspoon
13 pound dog gets 1/16 teaspoon
I got these proper measurements somewhere on line, wrote them down for my dogs weight, but do not remember the ratio for all weights.
I know others on here just crush the cloves and feed them too.
If you do a search for "natural flea/tick repellent" you will find a lot of info.
Hope this helps you get started?

twobully

Postby twobully » Mon May 23, 2005 10:33 am

Thanks a bunch!

I'll give it a try! :headbang:

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Mon May 23, 2005 11:02 am

I am VERY leery of Biospot. Have you asked yourself why it is so riduculously cheap? We used to use it and our lab/malamute had seizures, I believe, due to it. There are many, many stories and warnings, and lawsuit outcomes. I will never again use it.

http://www.elversonpuzzle.com/biospot.html

A great natural mosquito repellent (uses catnip, as effective as DEET is studies):

http://www.mosquitosolutions.com/catnip.html

This 100% natural formula provides defense without the potential dangers associated with the chemical DEET. Our insect shield offers up to 8 hours of protection against mosquitoes and other biting insects such as biting flies, no-see-ums, midges, black flies and more.

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 am

p.s. - I also like using garlic and brewer's yeast, too, in addition to their Frontline. LOTS of ticks out here :yucky:

loon123

Postby loon123 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:18 pm

I used the Hartz stuff in the past if we had fleas, but I heard it's not safe. I might throw away what's left...Kota never had a reaction to it, and it worked.
I've been giving the dogs and cat garlic treats from drsfostersmith.com that are called "Protect Umm". I don't really want to use anything chemical unless I see a problem. I know for myself, the less meds, the better, so I kinda follow that for the pets. Is that wise, or should I be doing more? We don't always have lots of fleas, and it's usually late summer, if we do.

clostoyo

Postby clostoyo » Tue May 31, 2005 12:52 pm

Frontline plus all the way

Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Postby Sariss » Tue May 31, 2005 10:39 pm

We use Advantage on my animals - I dont even think I've seen frontline. We plan to switch to Revolution soon though, since Advantage only kills adult fleas.

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:24 am

I don't use any of them. Self dosing ivermectin keeps them off and/or dead. Frontline has never worked for me at all and it leaves a weird and very visible...well, almost bleached out spot on daisy's skin where it is applied.

Return to “Health Issues”