Chewing Blades?!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Barker

Chewing Blades?!

Postby Barker » Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 pm

Puddles has recently chewed up one of my Cigar Cutters. I found parts of it on the floor and pieces of the blade. Is this normal? I was just amazed, she has chewed up CD cases before and I thought that was hard core but its just plastic. Anyway its been a week or so and she seems fine. So yeah is this normal, can they just chew anything?

~John

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu May 19, 2005 9:20 pm

holly molly, you need to call your vet and at least tell him/her. She might be fine now, but you nevr know if it is loiidged someplace and/ or couod really make some serious problems, or kill her on the way out???

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:56 pm

I agree, pop over for an x-ray for good measure. A small intestinal perferation may not show itself immediately but could lead to serious other issues later.

And yes, the little fools will eat anything, especially if they see you "playing" with it. Daisy ate a large christmas bulb once...and of course Doc would chew anything he could reach. I looked up one day to see him casually walking toward his bed with a foot long butcher knife that he had managed to get out of the sink. It still had beef blood on it and he was going to go chew on it for a while... :roll:

You can soak cotton balls in milk and keep them in the freezer in case of emergency like this. The cotton will grab onto sharp edges and as the stomch works it all around it cacoons things so that they have much less chance of perferating or cutting the intestines.

happy_pitbull

Postby happy_pitbull » Thu May 19, 2005 11:13 pm

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri May 20, 2005 10:27 am

You can soak cotton balls in milk and keep them in the freezer in case of emergency like this. The cotton will grab onto sharp edges and as the stomch works it all around it cacoons things so that they have much less chance of perferating or cutting the intestines.

per my vet, get the real cotton balls, the kind in the medical sections of the store, not the synthetic ones used for removing nail polish, make up etc

BullyBreedLover

Postby BullyBreedLover » Fri May 20, 2005 9:45 pm

That knife x-ray scares me. Kanga will grab utensiles out of the sink and run around with them in her mouth like a prize including knives! Why is everything so fun to put in dogs mouths even when they have a huge TOY BOX!!!! ::sigh:: :sad:

Return to “Health Issues”