another treadmill Question...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

another treadmill Question...

Postby Boscoe13 » Mon May 24, 2004 6:47 pm

I have read a few Topics about treadmills and i'm really interested in getting one, I would prefer to just buy one thats made for dogs, but since I live in canada I dont really wanna buy one that has to shipped, mostly 'cause of the shipping cost plus the customs [*sp]..

i dont mind paying the shipping cost but most of the ones i have seen have are been sold in the USA....Does any1 here know of a canadian based company that sells them?

If there isnt I just might convert one for humans I know that Diane has made one, i have seen the pic a few times, I know that the only part the dog should be able to step on is the part that moves, so i will have to build a wall on each side and a bar on top that i could hook up a harness to. is that all? can any1 else give me tips or if you have build one post a pic so i can get a better idea...

also once i start, [I wouldn't do it now hes too young only 7mths] is what speed i should use? for how long should he be on there for?

thanks....
Boscoe13

Postby pocketpit » Mon May 24, 2004 7:26 pm

Go to the heath section if you haven't already and look up the recent thread on treadmills. You should find some of your answers there. :thumbsup:
pocketpit

Postby Boscoe13 » Mon May 24, 2004 7:49 pm

Yeah I did look it up and that's what got me into looking for a treadmill but I just wanted to know if anyone had converted a human treadmill and the steps they took plus the canadian situation....thanks anyway
Boscoe13

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Mon May 24, 2004 8:03 pm

I've concerted a few Human ones. The trick is to make sure the dog has no where to go but the moving part (for the time they are learning at least) and you need to be able to tie them back to something if they are go-getters, or they will run off the front. I will try and get some pics of mine and post them. I don't have a digital camera, so its tough.
Diane Jessup

Postby Boscoe13 » Tue May 25, 2004 5:28 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks :)
Boscoe13

Return to Health Issues