update on deuce's broken leg

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

update on deuce's broken leg

Postby deuce69 » Tue May 25, 2004 3:02 pm

well, its almost been two weeks since his surgery, and he's doing well... a lump of fluid, i guess, has developed wherge his pin is contacting the skin... although i've had it drained already, the swelling is still there... i take him friday to get the stitches out... he is almost putting all his weight on it already and it doesnt seem to bother him... i think he will make a full recovery... i want to thank all the members that gave me input on the last post.. thanks for the advice.. I appreciate it greatly, i was pretty worried about my little buddy.... whenever i get my digital cam. back, i will post pics... again thankyou, and go tampa bay lightning.....
deuce69
Newborn Bully

Postby kendall » Wed May 26, 2004 2:20 pm

Good luck with his recovery. I'm so glad to hear he's doing okay. That lump of fluid will probably stick around for awhile... Levi's took a long time to go down, but it went away on it's own.
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pocketpit » Wed May 26, 2004 8:34 pm

One of my fosters has real problems with reactions to the pin in her leg. It took a long time for it to completely heal up, but big improvements were made when the pin was removed. It's not totally uncommon for dogs to develop seromas or soft tissue swellings around the pin site. I'm so glad to hear he's doing okay :peace:
pocketpit

Return to Health Issues