frequent washing?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
whiskeyman

Postby whiskeyman » Tue May 31, 2005 7:41 pm

Johnson & Johnson no more tears

jeremy

damienApbt

Postby damienApbt » Tue May 31, 2005 7:45 pm

rod has sensetive skin so i tend not to bathe him as much. and as far as shampoo i use a non-soap shampoo called epi-soothe.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue May 31, 2005 9:45 pm

In the summer months I bath them (or send them to the groomers) every other week.
After we get the second heavy frost, no more baths unitl spring usually.
I use TropicClean , Natural Shampoo, either oatmeal and tea tree or Berry Clean, with peach, papaya and strawberry. They both smell great!

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Tue May 31, 2005 10:14 pm

Doc Bronners lavender, almond or eucalyptus.

Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Contessa63 » Tue May 31, 2005 11:09 pm

I wash my dogs every three to four weeks. I live in So Cal so it can be done pretty much all year long. Keeps the doggy smell away! lol

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:08 pm

Since mine is inside almost all the time and is allowed on the sofa and in the bed, she gets a bath about every 2 to 3 weeks. It does not seem to bother her skin at all and she is so nice and soft after a bath. I use an oatmeal dog shampoo from Wal Mart, it was about $3.50 for a big bottle which lasts a long time. I tried the Johnson's Baby shampoo but it made her itch, though my previous dog was fine with it.

hookilau

Postby hookilau » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:47 pm

futon~
roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
she does look like a gremlin, doesn't she!??? :))

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:21 am

I wash mine once a month or more if Daisy gets dirty playing in the shop. Less in winter and more in summer. I think her skin and coat are nicer for it. Never had any problems. No doggy smell allowed in my bed. Despite the fact that they don't bathe naturally doesn't mean that they don't benefit from it IMO...they also never had gourmet dog food and a down feather bed in the wild. :tongue:

Insomnia

Postby Insomnia » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:05 am

My dog likes to roll around in holes she dig in the backyard, especially after the rain...sometime I have to wash her twice in the same day. I wash her at least once a week to keep her smelling fresh, but usually more than that 'cuz she can't help but get herself really dirty. She's fine with a lot of bathing and enjoys it.

Shattering Glass

Postby Shattering Glass » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:29 am

i bathe my dog pretty often, sometimes every other week, but usually at least once a month. As long as your dog is on a good food and you use a good shampoo, you can wash them as often as you want.

diesel

Postby diesel » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:32 pm

i use hilyt shampoo tthat the vet perscribed and you can bathe them every day :peace:

satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby satanscheerleader » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:20 pm

hookilau wrote:Image

I LOVE Sphynx cats! :inlove: I'd love one that is all pink! Yum-Yum is AWESOME!

satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby satanscheerleader » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:23 pm

I hardly ever bath my dogs. I used to bath Venus ALOT and she is very seceptable to dry skin which made it worse. I might bath them if they decided to roll in dead fish or something but generally I give them regular rub downs with a towel. They like it ALOT better than baths and it helps romove excess oils, dirt, hair and dander.

EagleEye

Postby EagleEye » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:52 pm

Stockey really doesn't have much of a doggy smell, so he only gets bathed when he needs it -- usually a couple of times in the spring when the snow's melting and everything's a muddy mess, and maybe a few times in the fall. That's about it.

In between baths I'll just wipe him down with old towels and warm water (which he likes ALOT better than baths). I have a lot wild basil in our lawn at the moment and Stockey loves to roll it -- so he usually smells sorta herbal and aromatic.

Return to “Health Issues”