How much beer?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

beer gut

Postby pandabot » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:52 am

i'm sure in extreme moderation beer for a dog isn't deadly or anything.
but, in my experience, if you get bottled water fresh and cold, the dog will go for that first. Just substitute for something healthy. Some dogs love sweet stuff like chocolate, so people feed them carob.
anyway, just my suggestion. don't mind me. i'm a newborn yet.
:thumbsup:
pandabot

Postby obscenities_pit » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:13 am

chevy gets a little beer and people food, hes 5 months, but bliss is only three months and just doesn't look as old as him so i won't let her have any. it's like having a beer with your 17 year old son, but not your sixteen year old daughter , weird but that the way it feels. for some reason she just looks too small and inocent, even though i am sure she is the one that started chewing on stuff and chevy was just there trying to stop her.
obscenities_pit

strange fact

Postby bluesky1966 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:32 pm

roflmao
KIDNEYS can be saved by vodka---if your dog drinks some anti-freeze the antidote [if it has gotten into the blood stream] is to get the dog “stone” drunk. We [at the veterinary emergency clinic for the county of Monterey California] used to put vodka in a 60cc syringe then inject it into an IV line with LRS running. The doctor told us to always keep the affected dog drunk to be sure the kidneys were spared the ravages of the anti-freeze. We kept the dog very drunk [watching the coordination of the dog etc] for 12 hours or so. How ironic huh?

roflmao :)) :thumbsup:
bluesky1966

Postby Maximus » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm

It's not natural or enjoyable for animals to become intoxicated.

While I wouldn't get my dog drunk or stoned, I just had to jump in and dispute this statement. My cats are the biggest nip-heads in the world! They'll do ANYTHING to get stupid on catnip (and they get funked up, too! swatting at things that aren't there, rolling around like the floor is the best thing in the world...I have to hide the catnip in an airtight container in the cupboard to keep them from it). Monkeys eat hallucinagenic plants to get high, birds and elephants eat fermented fruit to get drunk, moose eat mushrooms and trip their brains out.

We're not so different in some ways. Animals have even sometimes shown humans where in nature the best drugs are!
Maximus

Previous

Return to Health Issues