What time do you feed your dog?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby jmann4 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:08 am

concreterose wrote: Males mark on things

Males kill the bushes and flowers, females kill the grass. I feel for people that have a male and a female.
jmann4

Postby concreterose » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:00 pm

My female marks bushes roflmao
Little heifer :twisted:
concreterose
Regulator

Postby chris allen » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:44 pm

We do
715 am/
around 12 or 1 pm/
then again at about 530-600 pm.
chris allen

Postby chalkline » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:35 am

I feed my boy 2-3 times a day. I work grave yard so he usually gets his breakfast at about 5:30-6a and then when I wake up at about 3p and sometimes at around 9p if I take him for a long walk. Also I feed him Canidae (just recenlty switched from nutro ultra) and it contains alot more calories per serving then the normal brands therefore you feed them less food and they have less and smaller stools. Also the store where I get the Canidae from highly reccomends it for pit bulls, they said that it is the only food they sell their pit bull owners.
chalkline

Postby Kyton88 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:57 am

Thanks again everyone...

I didn't mean to get this into a urine stain thread, oops. My only reasoning was that maybe, just maybe, smaller more frequent feedings might lead to less stains than larger single feedings (protien buildup thing).

I'm going with three smaller feedings a day and just keep an eye on her stool and the stains. I have so many stains right now it will be hard to tell which ones are new. And i'll be adding water to her food like some suggest (also helps with the medication she is taking right now).
Kyton88

Postby deltron » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:32 am

i was told to feed dogs twice a day. i guess once a day is more harsh on their system. Who knows...
deltron

Postby mnp13 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:04 am

Higher quality food = the dog needs less food = less poop to clean up.

I feed Ruby in the morning when she gets up (anywhere from 5 -7 am) and in the evening when I get home. I've had so many problems with her health and her eating habits that I'm just happy she wants to eat now!! 5 am wakeup calls are not fun, but I've gotten used to it.

Michelle
mnp13

Previous

Return to Health Issues